Beef K.I.S.S. Brisket

TexasManInCajunLand

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
My K.I.S.S. method for a successful brisket is as follows:

1. Apply rub. Don't be shy about this, because a nice helping of rub will help produce a better bark. After applying the rub, let it sit for about a half hour or so to help draw some of the moisture to the surface. This will aid in helping the rub to adhere better.

2. Crack open a cold beer of your choice, and continue this step as needed. YMMV

3. Cook at 225 until internal temp reaches 165 degrees and wrap (this is usually the peak point of the stall. YMMV as they're not all created equal.). You can wrap with foil or peach paper (butcher paper). While the foil does help aid in a faster cook, the peach paper helps preserve the bark, so this will be left entirely up to you.

4. See step 2.

5. Continue to cook wrapped until internal temps reaches somewhere between 200-205 degrees.

6. See step 2

7. Pull and let rest for a minimum of 1 hour, but preferably 2 hours +. This allows all of the juices to disperse throughout the meat.

8. See step 2

9. The jiggle test (this is one of my favorite parts). After you've let it rest, unwrap and give the point end a little spankin. If it jiggles for you, you know you're in for a real treat. ;)

10. Slice, chop, pull, or whatever you desire for your final preperation.

Enjoy!

Darrell

Note: This also applies to a Pork Butt as well...except for maybe the jiggle. ;)

My K.I.S.S. method for a successful brisket is as follows:

1. Apply rub. Don't be shy about this, because a nice helping of rub will help produce a better bark. After applying the rub, let it sit for about a half hour or so to help draw some of the moisture to the surface. This will aid in helping the rub to adhere better.

2. Crack open a cold beer of your choice, and continue this step as needed. YMMV

3. Cook at 225 until internal temp reaches 165 degrees and wrap (this is usually the peak point of the stall. YMMV as they're not all created equal.). You can wrap with foil or peach paper (butcher paper). While the foil does help aid in a faster cook, the peach paper helps preserve the bark, so this will be left entirely up to you.

4. See step 2.

5. Continue to cook wrapped until internal temps reaches somewhere between 200-205 degrees.

6. See step 2

7. Pull and let rest for a minimum of 1 hour, but preferably 2 hours +. This allows all of the juices to disperse throughout the meat.

8. See step 2

9. The jiggle test (this is one of my favorite parts). After you've let it rest, unwrap and give the point end a little spankin. If it jiggles for you, you know you're in for a real treat. ;)

10. Slice, chop, pull, or whatever you desire for your final preperation.

Enjoy!

Darrell

Note: This also applies to a Pork Butt as well...except for maybe the jiggle. ;)
Looks like #2 is the most important step. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back