just thought I'd post pumpkin pie baked in rt-700

mhowcroft

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
just finished baking 2 pumpkin pies in the rt-700. baked better than in my ge profile induction and convection range. crust browned evenly and no areas where it starts to burn. easier to add the final fill after first 5 minutes of baking. just open and pour filling in pie. in oven filling always spills when sliding the rack out to add. only have the grill about 2 weeks but as an oven I love it. baked two loaves of white bread twice and used the griddle to make breakfast. turkey goes in it tomorrow. pic of half way cooking and out of grill. crust evenly browned.

Attachments

• 20211124_195623.jpg
    20211124_195623.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 89
  • 20211124_204556.jpg
    20211124_204556.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
just finished baking 2 pumpkin pies in the rt-700. baked better than in my ge profile induction and convection range. crust browned evenly and no areas where it starts to burn. easier to add the final fill after first 5 minutes of baking. just open and pour filling in pie. in oven filling always spills when sliding the rack out to add. only have the grill about 2 weeks but as an oven I love it. baked two loaves of white bread twice and used the griddle to make breakfast. turkey goes in it tomorrow. pic of half way cooking and out of grill. crust evenly browned.
The RT-700 does make an excellent oven. Those look great!

I need to find more friends like you 😁

Have not done baking yet in the Bull.. just curious.. do you get any smokey flavor with bread? I assume the heat is high enough not to but was just wondering.

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

I need to find more friends like you 😁

Have not done baking yet in the Bull.. just curious.. do you get any smokey flavor with bread? I assume the heat is high enough not to but was just wondering.

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃
Wondering this also!

Amazing idea.
Didn't even think about using the Bull yesterday for the pies :rolleyes:
Next time.
Our daughter (dessert queen) has done apple pies and brownies. She runs at 180 for maybe 30-45 minutes before jacking up the heat to finish. That does seem to put some smoke flavor on the finished product. Usually we wait until the next day to eat. I swear a day in a closed container helps.

Wondering this also!
I use as oven and preheat to 350 for the bread. no smoke taste. the pies I preheat to 425 and bake for 15 minutes then turn down to 375. again no smoke flavor. I haven't actually smoked anything yet. turkey turned out great but used as oven again and roasted in roaster pan at 325.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back