Stampede Just Placed Order for RT-590

jdubz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just placed my order for the RT-590 and can't wait! Sear kit out of stock. :(
Coming from Weber Genesis Silver which was nice, but had uneven heating surface that was a pain, among other problems. Not bad for a 15+ year old grill but obtained WAF so time to upgrade. This will be my only grill.
I also:
Took advantage of the pellets discount.
Watched too many videos, LOL.
Ordered probe holder and drain plug from Etsy.
Ordered lid gasket and several rubs from Amazon.
Will be picking up the cover from Walmart.
Found 3 butchers within 10 minutes of where I live(!).

It's going to be a good summer!

Question: how are you storing pellets? Keeping them in the bag? In a different container? Inside or outside?
I know pellets + moisture = bad, so trying to figure out best strategy (at least for me).

Thanks.

And now the wait begins.

You can purchase the Grill Grates from Grillgrates.com direct, I've heard for less money that from Recteq. I highly recommend them for the 590. I keep pellets in 5 gal containers with screw on lids.

Welcome to the addiction!

Just placed my order for the RT-590 and can't wait! Sear kit out of stock. :(
Coming from Weber Genesis Silver which was nice, but had uneven heating surface that was a pain, among other problems. Not bad for a 15+ year old grill but obtained WAF so time to upgrade. This will be my only grill.
I also:
Took advantage of the pellets discount.
Watched too many videos, LOL.
Ordered probe holder and drain plug from Etsy.
Ordered lid gasket and several rubs from Amazon.
Will be picking up the cover from Walmart.
Found 3 butchers within 10 minutes of where I live(!).

It's going to be a good summer!

Question: how are you storing pellets? Keeping them in the bag? In a different container? Inside or outside?
I know pellets + moisture = bad, so trying to figure out best strategy (at least for me).

Thanks.
Jdubz -

Here is my storage arrangement for pellets. The top one I got from Sam’s club and the bottom one on wheels from Fleet Farm.

Attachments

• 24014A81-6361-4D0C-9C45-C4D08F88E161.jpeg
    24014A81-6361-4D0C-9C45-C4D08F88E161.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Sams Club has those gamma vaults for 24.99

Attachments

• 9875A902-22F8-4BA8-9C64-FFE608E8C09C.jpeg
    9875A902-22F8-4BA8-9C64-FFE608E8C09C.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 69
Thanks all! I'll checkout GrillGrates. And after looking at those container prices, I may just keep pellets in the bag in the garage for now.

And now the wait begins.
There's a wait? LOL

Thanks all! I'll checkout GrillGrates. And after looking at those container prices, I may just keep pellets in the bag in the garage for now.

There's a wait? LOL
Enjoy your new grill (y)

Here's an interesting tidbit - for Grillgrates:
Grillgrate.com: $109.58
Recteq.com: $102.09

Both out of stock but Grillgrate says they'll be in on 6/18. I'll wait to see if Recteq get them in around that time and order from there.

All of those buckets and vaults look mighty cool, but I still keep mine in the bag, in the garage until needed. Other than simplicity, the main reason is that I want to keep the pellets as whole as possible, and pouring them in and out of thing just seems like it would make pellet powder to me. That's probably in my head, but it keeps me from making the switch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back