Just joined the family.

I got my RT-590 on the 29th, upon getting the grill off the semi into my truck (semi couldn't get into my neighborhood). Of course once I got it unwrapped I assembled it and started my first cook.

Awesome & congrats. Enjoy & post pics :)

Welcome to the family. I’ve got the same model and love it. I do recommend a range extender for your WiFi, or a better WiFi antenna to replace the one on the grill. Have fun!

@SMielke welcome to RecTeqForum and congrats on the purchase of your new RT-590!

Be sure to let us know what you think of your new grill once you've had a chance to use it a few times!

I got my RT-590 on the 29th, upon getting the grill off the semi into my truck (semi couldn't get into my neighborhood). Of course once I got it unwrapped I assembled it and started my first cook.
Enjoy and welcome!

Cook #4 is burgers since I wanted to try the grill grate out

Attachments

• 16173975695682381583583268404890.jpg
    16173975695682381583583268404890.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Welcome, I received my 590 a couple of weeks ago, cooked burgers first! Your grill marks are impressive, share the recipe and cook times, temps etc.
Then a spatchcocked chicken, Baby Back Ribs and St. Louis style ribs. All were excellent.
Cooking chicken breast tomorrow and a beef tenderloin Sunday!
The community here in the forum is great and very helpful. Ask anything and they are eager to help. Also showing pictures of your cooks could be helpful and encouraging!
Happy Easter!

Welcome, I received my 590 a couple of weeks ago, cooked burgers first! Your grill marks are impressive, share the recipe and cook times, temps etc.
Then a spatchcocked chicken, Baby Back Ribs and St. Louis style ribs. All were excellent.
Cooking chicken breast tomorrow and a beef tenderloin Sunday!
The community here in the forum is great and very helpful. Ask anything and they are eager to help. Also showing pictures of your cooks could be helpful and encouraging!
Happy Easter!
They were just pre packaged wahlburgers brisket blend with jack Daniel's steak rub. 500 degrees about 2 minutes then rotated flipped after 2 more minutes same on the other side. They were a little over cooked for my liking but were perfect for my wife.

I want to do a pork shoulder next or maybe a brisket, I want to practice with a bigger piece of meat since I'm in charge of the meat at the local family functions.

The RecTeq does all the work. The only thing I have to do is get my timing right.

Hey, man keep on keeping on. I cooked burgers, I thought were good, wife though OK, I cooked a spatchcocked chicken wife thought good. Then I cooked ribs and blew her doors off, said mine were better than hers and passed the rib mantle to me.
Point is, even though I am new I learn each cook. That is also what I am learning from the community. Each cook is different and we all learn something. That is why I share, I get so much good feedback!

Smoke on!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back