Bull Just bought a lid wrap.

Beavercreek_smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Curious how hard it is to install? Says it’s the same material as a car wrap but never done one of those either. Is it just pealing back the backing and sticking it on or is there some stretching?

Do you have link or more detail on the lid wrap.( Unfamiliar) or are you just talking the seal?

DO NOT STRETCH IT! It will not lie smooth if you do. It's not particularly difficult, and there are some techniques involved. Rather than typing all morning I'd suggest you go to YouTube, there are bound to be some vids that help you understand the process better.

Curious how hard it is to install? Says it’s the same material as a car wrap but never done one of those either. Is it just pealing back the backing and sticking it on or is there some stretching?
Peel the backing off and gently lay it down. Use a squeegee starting from the center and moving to the sides to remove all the air bubbles. Any tiny air bubbles that remain can be popped with a sharp pin and then flattened out.

It's not a hard process, but something that should be done by taking your time. DO NOT rush it!

And of course post pictures here on the forum of the finish job after you install it. :D ;)

I just installed two wraps on my new corn hole boards that I just built and they turned out great.

We definitely need pics when your done!!
Thanks y’all, I just received the wrap, took my time, maybe an hour, and got er done. Per request here’s the finished job.

Attachments

• 06D0ACC7-E5E4-4F21-8329-688254B479D8.jpeg
    06D0ACC7-E5E4-4F21-8329-688254B479D8.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 376
I’m not familiar with wraps but was curious how they hold up to the heat from the grill?
I’m told it’s good to 400 degrees. Over that it might start to discolor, so I’m told anyway. I saw another post of what it looks like from a guy that does a lot oh hi temp cooks, didn’t look that bad. Can’t remember if was here or my Facebook forum that I saw that.

Nice! I especially liker the Bull ring on the front shelf. I want to do that somehow if Recteq will ever re-stock the shelf?
Yea all this stuff comes from China. Supply chain not good right now. Sure hope this helps bring more jobs back to the good ol USA. I would love to see an American flag on Tec Teq boxes.

The ring move was easy. There’s 3 Allen screws In a triangle Shape that hold it on, you can only use 2 because of the size of the side of the shelf but it’s plenty sturdy.

Looks good. Just curious did you order it from that integritygold site. I was looking at them before

Nice! I especially liker the Bull ring on the front shelf. I want to do that somehow if Recteq will ever re-stock the shelf?

It's a shame they don't just come with the front shelf and a slide out second rack on the interior.

@Beavercreek_smoker I was originally looking at the wraps because I’m surrounded by farmland and I swear I could plant corn on this thing two days after cleaning it. I was hoping the wrap would hide the dust

I've got to ask... What do ya'all use that ring for? Lots of chatter about it being covered by the shelf, but I don't even miss it. What have I not considered?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back