Just ate at Goldies, 2021 State of Texas best barbecue!

Sorry yes it's in the Dallas Fort Worth area, and it was awesome 👌 but I'm sure there are many outstanding places just as good. My brother in law took us there, we got there at 930 am ate at 2 pm. First in line was supposedly there at 4 or 5 am. It was outstanding and the sides were really good! Jalepeno cheezy grits outstanding, brisket amazing! Not something I would ever do again, but at least free beer while we waited

20230311_143249.jpg

Wife and I did a tour around the Austin area a few years ago. Went to Blacks, Kreuz Market, wanted to go to Franklin but the lines...... and a couple other places I cant remember.

At the risk of offending some Texans, we had a bit of a different experience. A few years back, we were in San Antonio for the World Skeet Championships and made a point of looking for good BBQ. Sadly, even after trying a half-dozen places recommended by local folks, we were unable to find BBQ that was more than mediocre.

We had been looking forward to the legendary "Texas BBQ" and were quite disappointed in what we found. Maybe we just didn't talk to the right people, or maybe San Antonio is a Texas BBQ wasteland; who knows?

We were just in Houston ahead of a cruise out of Galveston. Several folks recommended The Stockyard BBQ. I asked a group of police officers that were at the Galleria mall what they recommended and they said The Pit Room as @Cokeman mentioned above. Well, we wish we had listened to the police officers.

Our ship had an outbreak of the noro virus on the sailing before ours so our boarding got delayed several hours so they could do a deep cleaning. Our transfer bus from Houston to the cruise port still left at the same time but we were told we’d have to sit on the bus until they were ready to accept us on the ship. Our bus driver was trying to decide on a side trip so we didn’t have to just sit there. I recommend a stop at Buc-ees and he jumped at it. Two bus loads got off and devoured their brisket sandwiches. I got a lot of thank you comments from the passengers.

So in the end we got some decent BBQ.

We were just in Houston ahead of a cruise out of Galveston. Several folks recommended The Stockyard BBQ. I asked a group of police officers that were at the Galleria mall what they recommended and they said The Pit Room as @Cokeman mentioned above. Well, we wish we had listened to the police officers.

Our ship had an outbreak of the noro virus on the sailing before ours so our boarding got delayed several hours so they could do a deep cleaning. Our transfer bus from Houston to the cruise port still left at the same time but we were told we’d have to sit on the bus until they were ready to accept us on the ship. Our bus driver was trying to decide on a side trip so we didn’t have to just sit there. I recommend a stop at Buc-ees and he jumped at it. Two bus loads got off and devoured their brisket sandwiches. I got a lot of thank you comments from the passengers.

So in the end we got some decent BBQ.
Must have been the Buc-ee’s in Texas City?

Ray Ray's Hog Pit here in Ohio is on par with the best Texas can churn out "my buddy agrees who lives in Austin and has had must eat BBQ from the region", James has been quite a success story and has partnered with local breweries as well. Oh and I have one of his walk up/drive through pits walking distance from my house. ;)

https://rayrayshogpit.com/

Ray Ray's Hog Pit here in Ohio is on par with the best Texas can churn out "my buddy agrees who lives in Austin and has had must eat BBQ from the region", James has been quite a success story and has partnered with local breweries as well. Oh and I have one of his walk up/drive through pits walking distance from my house. ;)

https://rayrayshogpit.com/
Motodas...where are you from? What part of Columbus?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back