Jalapeno Chicken Poppers

tpack

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I cook these about once a week. Not a big fan of the ones with cream cheese, so I try different things. I marinade the chicken breast for a day or 2 and freeze for later. Smoke @ 180 for about 1 hour and crank it up to 275 for 30 minutes. Gonna throw these on the smoker around 5:30 this afternoon. 🐔

full-8162-356929-j.jpg

full-8162-356930-j1.jpg

full-8162-356931-j2.jpg

I cook these about once a week. Not a big fan of the ones with cream cheese, so I try different things. I marinade the chicken breast for a day or 2 and freeze for later. Smoke @ 180 for about 1 hour and crank it up to 275 for 30 minutes. Gonna throw these on the smoker around 5:30 this afternoon. 🐔

full-8162-356929-j.jpg

full-8162-356930-j1.jpg

full-8162-356931-j2.jpg
I’ve never thought about that way of doing things. I’ve got some on now with cream cheese. My dad bought more than he could eat and brought me over a dozen. U go to 275 after an hour for 30? Does that crisp up the bacon pretty well?

I’ve never thought about that way of doing things. I’ve got some on now with cream cheese. My dad bought more than he could eat and brought me over a dozen. U go to 275 after an hour for 30? Does that crisp up the bacon pretty well?
The bacon is fully cooked, but it is not crisp. I think if you wanted crisp bacon, everything else would be over cooked. :unsure:

The bacon is fully cooked, but it is not crisp. I think if you wanted crisp bacon, everything else would be over cooked. :unsure:
I had good luck with my poppers. Bacon was somewhat crisp and didn’t lose much of the cream cheese. I’ve had better tasting poppers when I make the pimento cheese and stuff them and wrap with bacon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back