Is there anywhere on req rec site to post reviews?

Lilbullowner

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
I bought an RT-700 a bit over a year ago & would like to post a review for my Bull. Is there anywhere on the company website to post or do I have to post here or another req tec forum?

I bought an RT-700 a bit over a year ago & would like to post a review for my Bull. Is there anywhere on the company website to post or do I have to post here or another req tec forum?
Yes

FWIW, unless you post a glowing 5-star review it will likely get shadow banned.

I posted an honest review that also included critical aspects with big issues that others should at least be made aware of before deciding so they can make an informed decision on if those aspects are important to them or not and it never saw the light-of-day.

I've talked to others who have had as similar experience with similar results in trying to provide honest end-user info for others to consider. It looks like they're letting a few trickle through so it it's not a perfect 5-star rating but, since we know that they're being manipulated to skew towards a desired outcome, who knows by how much.

Understandable though if you're unethical as a company trying to suppress the fact that your products don't deliver on the promises. Can you imagine how negatively their overall ratings would look if they allowed full transparency on user reviews? Oof.

Just another example of how RT isn't quite the knight in shining armor that so many on this forum would have you believe.

FWIW, unless you post a glowing 5-star review it will likely get shadow banned.

I posted an honest review that also included critical aspects with big issues that others should at least be made aware of before deciding so they can make an informed decision on if those aspects are important to them or not and it never saw the light-of-day.

I've talked to others who have had as similar experience with similar results in trying to provide honest end-user info for others to consider. It looks like they're letting a few trickle through so it it's not a perfect 5-star rating but, since we know that they're being manipulated to skew towards a desired outcome, who knows by how much.

Understandable though if you're unethical as a company trying to suppress the fact that your products don't deliver on the promises. Can you imagine how negatively their overall ratings would look if they allowed full transparency on user reviews? Oof.

Just another example of how RT isn't quite the knight in shining armor that so many on this forum would have you believe.
That's something I wanted to post & it won't be a 5 star review but I couldn't find the area to post a review on.

If you go on the website, go to shop the grill you want to review, scroll down to the reviews and there is a red icon to click on to write a review. Weather they will post it or not is another question.
EB46A6E3-04FB-4AA3-AD31-41A06F066C34.jpg

I suppose the question I would ask is what is the point of your review? If you just want to trash recteq, leave less than a 4-star review on the recteq site and the review will likely not be posted. Leave less than a 4-star review on this site just to trash recteq and that just reflects badly on this site, which is in no way affiliated with recteq. Why not just post your experience here and see what others have to say, good or bad? This is a user-experience site with the intent to share and help others, not an influencer platform to promote or degrade anyone.

I suppose the question I would ask is what is the point of your review? If you just want to trash recteq, leave less than a 4-star review on the recteq site and the review will likely not be posted. Leave less than a 4-star review on this site just to trash recteq and that just reflects badly on this site, which is in no way affiliated with recteq. Why not just post your experience here and see what others have to say, good or bad? This is a user-experience site with the intent to share and

I suppose the question I would ask is what is the point of your review? If you just want to trash recteq, leave less than a 4-star review on the recteq site and the review will likely not be posted. Leave less than a 4-star review on this site just to trash recteq and that just reflects badly on this site, which is in no way affiliated with recteq. Why not just post your experience here and see what others have to say, good or bad? This is a user-experience site with the intent to share and help others, not an influencer platform to promote or degrade anyone.
It's not to bash anyone. Only to provide my thoughts/experiences of what I purchased.
No sense of posting here since mostly everyone owns a rec tec grill. I haven't really seen any negative posts here, only folks who bought add-ons to enhance smoke flavor or something else. If this is such a good product, you wouldn't need anything for good smoke flavor.

It's not to bash anyone. Only to provide my thoughts/experiences of what I purchased.
No sense of posting here since mostly everyone owns a rec tec grill. I haven't really seen any negative posts here, only folks who bought add-ons to enhance smoke flavor or something else. If this is such a good product, you wouldn't need anything for good smoke flavor.
I would never buy another one.

Do a web search for “pellet grill forums;” you will find a number of them. Post your thoughts/experiences” there if you don’t want to share them here. Recteq, like a lot of other product manufacturers/sellers only wants positive reviews. They aren’t interested in “thoughts/experiences” as they could be perceived as negative comments.

And, for the record, I haven’t “bought add-ons to enhance flavor” and my next pellet grill/smoker will definitely not be a Recteq. I think you misunderstand the motivations of many on this forum. At least for me, I am here to broaden my experience regarding cooking on a RT product and dealing with their ideosynchrocies.

Plenty of bad reviews and experiences with any pellet grill regardless of price point, but IMHO sometimes it's the owners invoking issues. Also sounds like it very much depends on who you talk with at RT tech support, I deal with that everyday when I call an OEM in the healthcare industry. No grill is perfect, but so far I have had zero issues of any kind with my Stampede, and I have been using the hell out of it since bought a few months ago. Would be nice if the OP would let us know what's on his mind, I mean isn't that one of the points of a specific forum?

My recteq grills have not been perfect-I even returned my first Bullseye as it was a dud. But overall, I’ve been pleased with my experience with the grills and with recteq HQ. Still, there are some things that come out of recteq support that makes me roll my eyes, and wonder what they are smoking. The recent discussion here where someone shared that support had said the Matador burner being off-center on purpose comes to mind.

Also there are no shortage of posts here on other challenges with the products, and some folks are very passionate about what they do and don’t like And those can be great discussions. But if I wanted to create a full-blown review, good or bad, seems like the place for it would be on my media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, etc.) where the review only reflects my opinion.

Then there are reviews like the one from This Guy. who comes here, registers, makes one post that is a scathing review of a third-party product and never comes back. Doesn’t even offer an explanation of why anyone would want to spend big money on a custom cover for a grill that recteq offers a cover for that costs $90 (I’m guessing that is not a recteq under that cover)! 😀

I agree with @Greg Jones , YouTube would be the place to air out your displeasure in a complete review of the owners RT.
It is kind of a shame that company's sort through reviews and don't post anything that is not favorable to their product. But I guess if people are gullible enough to believe everything is 100% "peaches and cream" according to the reviews, so be it.
Type in Thoughts on RT Grill in search box here and you will get many variations.
Good luck either way.

Always the classifieds . . .

Plenty of bad reviews and experiences with any pellet grill regardless of price point, but IMHO sometimes it's the owners invoking issues. Also sounds like it very much depends on who you talk with at RT tech support, I deal with that everyday when I call an OEM in the healthcare industry. No grill is perfect, but so far I have had zero issues of any kind with my Stampede, and I have been using the hell out of it since bought a few months ago. Would be nice if the OP would let us know what's on his mind, I mean isn't that one of the points of a specific forum?
Pellet grills are overrated.
If you want a good smoke, use a wood smoker (I have a barrel smoker as 2ndary), if you only want a "set it & forget it" without good smoke flavor, get a pellet grill. I've seen so many posts here stating they've gotten smoke tubes or spending over $200 for other accessories to "enhance their smoking experience". As much as these things cost, you should have all of the above, perfect smoke flavor & set it forget it, without spending more money.

Pellet grills are overrated…
Only ‘overrated’ if one believes a pellet grill will produce as much smoke flavor as a stick burner. I’ve owned stick burners as well as a Kamado cooker and I would never confuse their flavors with that of a pellet grill. I also would not be quick to dismiss the value of ‘set it and forget it’ either. I’m pretty happy with the trade-off of 80% of the results with only 20% of the effort of a stick burner. This weekend as example, I put a pork butt on my RT-340, set to 225°, at 02:41 and went to bed. I had a single MEATER + probe in the butt with 3 alarms set, 1 for internal of 160° degrees (start to check for time to wrap), another set to internal 195° (time to start probing for tenderness), and a third alarm set to ambient below 200° in case there was a problem with the grill.

Here’s how my day went- up in the morning, spritz the butt, and off to church. After church, check the IT remotely to see if we had time to make a stop on the way home before time to wrap (we did have time). Wrapped the butt at 160° IT 10 hours into the cook (ambient temp drop on the graph). At nearly 15-½ hours into the cook, it was probe tender at 201°, pulled off the grill, and into a cooler for an hour. The results did not disappoint, and I wasn’t up all night, I didn’t have to add fuel once, I didn’t have to change/cancel my other plans for the day, and it was on the table exactly when I wanted. And no, I didn’t use a smoke tube! Frankly, I love pellet grill technology and I’ve never regretted passing my BGE on to my son-in-law!
C4327588-7F2C-4BA4-AA1C-7DC46AEC40DF.jpeg

If you want a good smoke, use a wood smoker (I have a barrel smoker as 2ndary), if you only want a "set it & forget it" without good smoke flavor, get a pellet grill. I've seen so many posts here stating they've gotten smoke tubes or spending over $200 for other accessories to "enhance their smoking experience". As much as these things cost, you should have all of the above, perfect smoke flavor & set it forget it, without spending more money.
Your post here is Exhibit A for why manufacturers screen reviews. It is pretty obvious that you are unhappy with your pellet grill and want a place to vent. Well, this is the place; not the Recteq website. They don’t want to hear it. We will, at least, listen and make suggestions.

As for “smoke,” some folks prefer a lighter touch and others like it heavy. It is a personal taste. Stick burners are fine, and I’ve used them in the past, but the convenience of a pellet grill (as noted by @Greg Jones above) is a plus factor for many. To each their own.

I have supplemental smoke accessories but I don't use them because, for me, the level of smoke I get from pellet smokers (several now) is perfect. We're getting heavily into opinion though so no sense arguing about it, you're entitled to create the food you want to eat.

I guess my point is that, with all of the issues I have with RT and this device, poor smoke flavor isn't one of them. If you want super strong smoke flavor though you won't get it with a pellet smoker for the most part. Newer technologies are improving on that front but it may still not be to your preference.

That said, I FAR prefer the flavor I get off of my pellet smokers because I want the meat to be the star of the show with the smoke (and other seasoning) to compliment and play a backup role. Not everyone feels that way though and I'm not here to convince anyone of anything in that regard. Pellet smokers may just be right for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back