Is the 1070 a good upgrade.

mikeporter616

It's not my fault!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
My 590 handles smoking very well and I haven't needed more space. My 380 with grillgrates works well for hot and fast. What would I gain by replacing them with a 1070?

Depends on how old your 590 is; New motor/auger, second shelf, cabinet down below and all stainless and dual band wifi. I think it sounds like you just need another toy. :)

Depends on how old your 590 is; New motor/auger, second shelf, cabinet down below and all stainless and dual band wifi. I think it sounds like you just need another toy. :)
Yes and no. I really like the looks of the 1070 and the idea of one grill that does it all is appealing. I'm sure it would match the 590 for smoking. The reason I like the 380 is that it gets up to 450 for grilling rather quickly. How long does it take the 1070 to get to 450?

Thanks.

Using my handy-dandy "Temp Chart" from the app - it's 11 minutes to 300*.
Another cook shows about 5 more minutes from 300* to 400*.
16 minutes starting ambient around 60* to get to 400*

I don't do much at 450 - maybe pizza. History doesn't go back that far.

I don't think you would gain much from it. The bullseye with another recteq grill like the stampede or bull is a perfect match.

The newer grills can get really hot but it won't be the same as a bullseye b/c it is less direct heat. I would stay with what you got.

The new 1070 is a new looking grill and I like how RecTeq is finally evolving with ash catching and an area to easily take out the grease.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back