introduction

Smoke'n Hot

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Greetings Pelletheads,
My name is Bobby and I live in Western North Carolina in the shadow of the Smokies . Santa Clause dropped off a Rt-700 on my back deck the week of Christmas. I have a buddy who has A Traegar and last summer he invited me over to his place in Greenville,SC and I had the best smoked wings in my life.

All summer I hear Glenn Beck talking about RecTeq and how it's the best grill smoker around and I kept going back and forth between Traegar and Recteq. Then in November I wrote Santa a letter and voila , Recteq it was .

Seriously,. though I have long been wanting a Sony Alpha 7III full frame digital camera and the admiral kept asking me if I wanted that for Christmas. I said I don't know. I mean. I do ,but it's alot of money and all. Then one day Glenn the BBQ Whisperer Beck was just going on and on about grilling in the dead of winter and I was like , I can get the camera later , I want a Recteq .

I told my wife get the Rt-540 and get a call that the delivery truck is dropping off the grill. I get home and it's on the rear deck and it's the Rt-700! Sweet! I seasoned it and that weekend my Traeger buddy helped me christen it with a whole bird and 2 dozen wings.

I use this grill 4 to 5 times a week . I cook fish on it. I have cooked mahi, sword fish, tuna and salmon . Best fish I have ever cooked. I have done two brisket flats , tons of bird and as I write this I am smoking a whole turkey. I brined it over night, then injected it with Tony's creole injection ,did an olive oil rub with a blend of Butt Rub and Tony's more spice .

I am in my early 50s and while I am thrilled with the Rt700 I have but one regret . Why in the heck have I not been cooking on a pellet smoker sooner! I feel like I wasted a good 10 years of cooking enjoyment. My son comes home from Orlando in a few weeks for college spring break and he loves ribs. We will get some and do the 3-2-1 method. I have never ever cooked ribs on gas or charcoal or in a crock pot. this will be my first time. Wish me luck. lol.

Anyway, I am no expert ,quite the novice abd one day I hope to contribute here in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
Welcome from a southern neighbor. You'll love it!

👍🏼 Welcome Bobby-
I am only a month in with my RT-700 and the forum. (5yrs w/ a Traeger 1yr w/ a Camp Chef).
But in the last month being apart of these forum & the RecTeq family, I have learn some much and have had so much fun.
I’m a Texas boy living in Idaho letting my
Smoke Roll💨

👍🏼 Welcome Bobby-
I am only a month in with my RT-700 and the forum. (5yrs w/ a Traeger 1yr w/ a Camp Chef).
But in the last month being apart of these forum & the RecTeq family, I have learn some much and have had so much fun.
I’m a Texas boy living in Idaho letting my
Smoke Roll💨
Lol, I am a native Floridian hanging out in the hills.. I miss the water and the irony is I was born and raised in Florida and vacationed all over ,camping and such . Now I live in one of the places I can vacationed a lot and I vacation more in Florida and when I am lucky the Out islands of the bahamas. I go fishing for dolphin, mahi mahi in the spring with my son every year and I can't wait to get fresh dolphin on the bull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back