Introduction

Ted

I just signed onto the forum. Looks like this is a relatively new forum, so hopefully membership grows. I'm here to read about others experience and tips on using the Rec Tec pellet grills. Also hopefully lots of great recipes.

I'm waiting for delivery of my RT-700. This is a long story, but the first one I ordered that was scheduled to arrive last Thursday, was lost by UPS. Rec Tec shipped a second one yesterday, to arrive next Thursday. This UPS screw up, ruin my 4th of July plans. Hopefully they don't lose the second one.

I needed to replace a CharBroil gas grill that had rusted out (started rusting after the first year). I also had a Masterbuilt electric smoker. After some research, I discovered pellet smokers that could replace my gas grill and electric smoker. As I looked at pellet smokers the Rec Tec RT-700 Bull moved to the top of the list for quality, great cooking results, versatility and great customer support.

I've got a long cooking list for the Bull when it gets here.

Hey @Ted welcome to RecTecForum and thanks for joining!

How does UPS lose a RecTec grill, even more so a grill. The box isn't exactly small by no means.

Did you get any accessories with your new Bull?

Yes, I added the competition package. Front shelf, interior shelf, sear plates, grill mats, cover and 200 pounds of pellets.

So all of this is on a pallet weighing 500 lbs. How UPS loses something that big is unbelievable.

You're going to love that setup once it does arrive. That much nice stuff doesn't just end up "lost" - someone is enjoying a new grill. ;)

Also I forgot to mention the RT tee shirt. I did get that in the mail today.

@Ted, glad you're here. I too have the RT-700. You are going to love it. Can't believe UPS lost your package. I thought Rec Tec freighted all their large packages by 18 wheelers?

@Ted, glad you're here. I too have the RT-700. You are going to love it. Can't believe UPS lost your package. I thought Rec Tec freighted all their large packages by 18 wheelers?

They do. But it got moved between 3 different trailers at 3 different depots on it's way to me in California. At one of these moves, it disappeared.

OK delivery of second grill shipped from RT is scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully it gets here. Bad news is we leave for vacation early Saturday morning, so I won't be able to cook on it for a week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back