Stampede Interior Cooking Rack

johansenbm

Just ordered my RT-590, and bought three racks without looking into them. It seems from pictures when you have all three in at one time seems very crowded and cluttered. Might be more of a pain than it’s worth for the extra space. For people that have purchased the racks how often are you using them? How many do you normally use? Lastly, is it a pain in the butt to access the meats that are underneath the racks?

I’m thinking I’ll truthfully only need to keep one and send back two. Or DIY my own second shelf going horizontally. All insight will be greatly appreciated!

First off, congrats! You're going to love your RT-590.

I bought an after-market rack for my 590 from my local BBQ retail shop for those times when I need the extra room, mostly when I cook ribs. If I remember correctly, it is a Green Mountain collapsible model similar to this one. The ones RT sells are smaller and more than twice the price.
DB_Rack_C1.jpg

It tends to be a little crowded, but not unmanageable.

Good luck.

I bought 2 right away also. Have only used both at the same time once. It is nice to be able to put 2 sides on above a few racks of ribs though.
FWIW, I don't usually put anything under that is going to need much attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back