Installed Power Cord - Come on, really!!

Now, that is definitely food for thought! I like the idea, but it doesn’t seem to provide the convenient extra outlet for accessories that I’m looking for. Hmmmmm. Maybe there’s a way to do that as well. Thanks for jogging this ol’ brain a bit.
I use one of these for the Fireboard charger.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-17 105812.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-17 105812.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 97
Come on Recteq! The power cable supplied with this unit is low quality Chinese made junk. How about introducing a non pvc cord that we can use in cold climates!!!!

all about making a extra buck? Ridiculous.
You got a power cable? I just paid $1800 for a 1250 and didn’t get no cable

Come on Recteq! The power cable supplied with this unit is low quality Chinese made junk. How about introducing a non pvc cord that we can use in cold climates!!!!

all about making a extra buck? Ridiculous.
I thought the exact same thing with my 700, you can always tell when a company care's about quality, and sad but it's not the case here.

The butt hurt people I read on here are you recteq junkies any criticism of the grills and you guys jump up and have the wonderful comments of "just return it and get something else" how constructive can you be. Then you procced to attack the person. Maybe you should just go hug your grill and cry because someone offended it...

The butt hurt people I read on here are you recteq junkies any criticism of the grills and you guys jump up and have the wonderful comments of "just return it and get something else" how constructive can you be. Then you procced to attack the person. Maybe you should just go hug your grill and cry because someone offended it...
You must be a lot of fun to live with, are you on the rag?

Please take your meds as prescribed.

I was idly ignoring this thread, until your above statement. So let me get this right. You come here bitching about a cord (and a few other things) which is your right do to and then get butt-hurt because others were asking questions or even suggesting remedies to assist you...including returning your Recteq. Then you go on and lump every "Premium Member" of this FORUM as some sort of mindless disciples for the great wonderful world of Rectec, LLC which I can assure you we are not.

I don't care if you come here to bitch. Many of us often do. I will say that 5 posts in you're making blanket bashes on other members which isn't cool on any forum.

Nice Avatar by the way Comrade. Enjoy your Recteq as best you can.
well said

I thought the exact same thing with my 700, you can always tell when a company care's about quality, and sad but it's not the case here.
Rec Tec created the specs, then the manufacturer builds it to spec, it was probably a bean counter decision. I've noticed most power cords have gotten shorter, cheaper-made, and less flexible for all electronics as of late.

Okay, return the grill or sell it. Buy something that you're happy with.
He has every right to express his view on this product and although a lot of people are big fans of Rec Teq the quality is no where as good as it used to be. It really surprises me how some of you jump to defend this company and it seems your standard answer is sell it or buy something else .

If I may suggest, it seems like it’s time for everyone to take a deep breath and relax. When the horse dies, it is time to get off and walk away. Further beatings will be ineffective.

He has every right to express his view on this product and although a lot of people are big fans of Rec Teq the quality is no where as good as it used to be. It really surprises me how some of you jump to defend this company and it seems your standard answer is sell it or buy something else .
First, I didn't defend the company.
Second, if you don't like my suggestion, I'll let you keep your grill.

If I may suggest, it seems like it’s time for everyone to take a deep breath and relax. When the horse dies, it is time to get off and walk away. Further beatings will be ineffective.
Well, enjoy your walk.

Unhappy? No, Disappointed? Yes. Recteq touts there quality……..
“Our commitment to superior build quality, components”
That statement is not true. Period.
You're lucky your power cord is your only problem. I'm so disgusted with my RT-590 that I'm practically giving it away after less than a year of use. My experience was nothing like the experience they would have you believe from their advertising. It's sitting in the corner of my garage and I've gone back to my $200 Pit Boss.

I agree, the cord is not the highest quality, though I didn't expect it to be since it's not a premium grill, but it didn't cost an arm and a leg either. The cord has stayed in a 8" coil hanging on the end handle with a velcro strap since I got it. The cord works as designed and has never prevented me from cooking awesome food so that's the last thing I'd complain about :rolleyes:
On my 2nd winter now with my 590. I added a 12 foot 12 gauge outdoor extension and water proofed the connection between the two. The winter stiffness of the cords is of no consequence, since I have plenty of length. Plus not much effort to straighten the cord out when and if needed. Don't blame the Chinese, they are able to make things the way you want if you will pay for it. I suspect there was no issue suspected by RT when they made the arrangements for manufacture. Maybe if they were made aware by unhappy customers, they would would be happy to expend the extra bucks for more flex in winter. Also, is it possible that the more cold-flexible cords might not hold up well? I will scope that out and report.

I don’t log into this forum much, but it’s always entertaining to see how much you guys manage squeeze out of such simple stupid topics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back