Inkbird IBBQ-4T WiFi Thermometer w/4 Probes - $50 w/coupon

Dang, I wish they had that deal when I ordered mine! I've been very happy with it, though.

Thanks is for the heads up. I just placed my order. I’m not sure if your info cost or saved me money. LOL. Keep up the good work and keep those cards, notices, and specials coming.

I ordered the blue tooth model. My system sticks for setting up 2.4 channel. Plus with the kids and all the devices we have WiFi can get taxed. I bought primarily for my Bullseye since it does not have WiFi .

For $30 it should do what I need!!!

I ordered the blue tooth model. My system sticks for setting up 2.4 channel. Plus with the kids and all the devices we have WiFi can get taxed. I bought primarily for my Bullseye since it does not have WiFi .

For $30 it should do what I need!!!
I hope you have better luck with their Bluetooth than I did. Can't reliably get a signal inside the house unless I hold my phone up to a window.

I hope I have better luck. My primary use will be on the Bullseye for short cooks. So I will be close be during most uses. The reviews seemed pretty positive on this model. For $30 I figured I couldn't go wrong. On the Bullseye you only have one probe, plus only one readout. So this will hopefully help. I have been spoiled by the WiFi on the Trailblazer:)

It arrived today. Haven't had a chance to really dig into it, but I noticed right away that the probes are shorter than expected. About 4 inches from the color-coded boot to the end. Pretty sure that Thermoworks are longer, around 6 inches.

Not sure it's a problem, but certainly something to consider.

It arrived today. Haven't had a chance to really dig into it, but I noticed right away that the probes are shorter than expected. About 4 inches from the color-coded boot to the end. Pretty sure that Thermoworks are longer, around 6 inches.

Not sure it's a problem, but certainly something to consider.
ThermoWorks probes are 6”, the 4” probes will not be an issue on most cooks. Of everything I cook, it’s probably only a full packer brisket where I use the full length of a ThermoWorks probe.

ThermoWorks probes are 6”, the 4” probes will not be an issue on most cooks. Of everything I cook, it’s probably only a full packer brisket where I use the full length of a ThermoWorks probe.
Thanks, Greg, That's what I'm pondering. Most of my cooks wouldn't be a large enough piece to be a big problem.

I'm almost thinking beyond placement in the meat, to the use or ergonomics. I think a longer probe can be easier to use - to insert (especially through paper or foil) and remove. You wouldn't want to insert these all the way to the bend. Which means the effective length is actually less than 4 inches. Interestingly, the Bluetooth model I have from Inkbird came with straight 6-inch probes. Kinda wish they used those with this package. We'll see how it goes when I can actually use this unit.

I don’t see the shorter probe being a problem. Even inserting only 3” that is half way into a 6” piece of meat. Maybe a problem on really large pork butts but I’ve never done a brisket that 3” would’t reach center. To get WiFi capability at $50 I think it is well worth the risk.

Inkbird has a sale happening on Amazon. This Wi-Fi thermometer with 4 probes is usually $100, sometimes with coupons down to $80-ish.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XNTJKY4

Today there's a $50 coupon. Now I don't expect it to perform like a Thermoworks or Fireboard unit, but this price seems worth giving it a try.

Sorry ... but why would we buy these with already two probes on the smoker and WiFi via the Recteq app ?

well my new unit will here tomorrow I will give some updates on once I start cooking. I like most of the reviews on it and hope it makes me a better bbq'er. I don't have the experience of slapping a butt and saying yea thats done.

Sorry ... but why would we buy these with already two probes on the smoker and WiFi via the Recteq app ?
You don't need to. But some folks could have any of a number of reasons. Among the possibilities: additional probes, different features in the app, better accuracy (hopefully).

It can also be used with other cookers, like my gas grill, electric smoker, and that thing inside my house rumored to be called "oven". ;)

Trial run with inkbird on Trailblazer. Blue tooth worked good throughout house!!!
The meat probe was within a degree of the RT probe.
Pit temp probe seemed to fluctuate more than the RT. The RT probe has build up on it where the ink bird did not. Inkbird was horizontal over a grate, RT on left side and upright. Also a very windy day.

So jury is still out, more to come.

Inkbird has a sale happening on Amazon. This Wi-Fi thermometer with 4 probes is usually $100, sometimes with coupons down to $80-ish.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XNTJKY4

Today there's a $50 coupon. Now I don't expect it to perform like a Thermoworks or Fireboard unit, but this price seems worth giving it a try.

1601086918822.jpeg

Thanks to mooncusser2k’s alert, I picked one up early. It worked well. For my cooks, probe length isn’t a problem. I did a 2 hour chicken cook experiment (see pic) and exported the chart. It tracked well with the RT OEM probes without the random RT drop outs. I went to the grocery store 3 miles away and never lost my signal. One thing I appreciated about it was the insulated grip material on the probe that allowed me to hold it when the grill was at 325 and the meat was at ~150 without gloves (hint, hint RT and Enzoo). One fear I have is that its rechargeable and they claim it has a 2000mah battery which makes me wonder how long it will run on wifi on a 16 hour “butt” challenge with all 4 channels running. Fortunately, with an adapter, you can tie it into any power co-located with your grill. I also think they could have included a case. One last point is the base has a magnet for convenient mounting but the RT’s 304 stainless steel controller table’s metal it won’t stick which is a small compromise that I prefer vs other grades of steel that it would be compatible with. Note: The regular drum sticks had a visit from their Texas cousin. Definitely to scale.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Right when I thought I had a handle on todays technologies this gets thrown at me. Yes it took me two days to understand it and get it working but with that being said I am impressed with the fact that now I can grill with the big boys using wifi. I know I can not control the grill from my couch and I still have to walk 5 yards to my grill but I do like the idea of watching the temps and the choice of setting up hi and low alarms to get the right grilling temps. Thanks, I do like it.

I will have to say the alarm on Ink bird leaves no doubt, unlike the more subtle alarm on the RT app.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back