Bull I'm all in!

Beerlord

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Just ran home to meet the delivery truck for my Bull. Had to go back to work but tonite is assembly night (and a beer to help make it painless). Already got plans to put it thru it's paces this weekend.
Just wanted to say that I've been reading this forum for months before I decided on which brand and which smoker to buy and the knowledge and helpful info here is much appreciated.
Cheers!

Took 2 of use only 1 hour and 1 beer to assemble. A paper manual would be great but an ipad is just as good.
Did the 1 hour, 450 burn in but the first fatty cook won't likely be for a few days. Life gets in the way. But I have the whole weekend to aggravate the wife and get my smoke on.

I have lots of Traeger pellets left but have no experience of other pellets. Any recommendations? I smoke almost everything and would rather not keep more than 3 styles around due to space problems. I normally buy a blend and then sometimes, blend even more.

I’ve tried several types of pellets an really like Lumberjack Hickory. As for blends I got a bag of Bear Mountain Gourmet Blend and really like it. That was the first bag of pellets that my wife commented and how much she like the smoke flavor. Of course it depends on what you have available where you are.

I keep 4. Oak, Cherry, Mesquite and Hickory. I then blend them if the mood strikes.

Lumberjack competition blend has been a great all-purpose one for me. I've also been pleased with their hickory. Pecan blend is on deck next. I picked this brand due to lots of good reviews on this site. Can't say I've tried another brand yet.

Outstanding Beerlord
We smoke using predominantly Alder
Seems like a good, all round Wood
Enjoy your Bull, as we are enjoying our's

Couldn't find them locally (though they are sold here normally) and was able to get a bag of Lumberjack Competition Blend pellets at Dick's shipped for free for $14.99. Not a 'wow' price but cheaper than it normally would sell for locally.

I have the same problem with local supply. Once in a while I can find some. Dick's price is comparable and the free shipping made the deal for me. Delivery has always been good with minimal dust in bags.

Couldn't find them locally (though they are sold here normally) and was able to get a bag of Lumberjack Competition Blend pellets at Dick's shipped for free for $14.99. Not a 'wow' price but cheaper than it normally would sell for locally.

I have the same problem with local supply. Once in a while I can find some. Dick's price is comparable and the free shipping made the deal for me. Delivery has always been good with minimal dust in bags.
We order our Pellets from Cabela's / Bass Pro:
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-bbq-wood-pellets
You get free shipping on any order of $60.00 or more
We got 6, 20 lb Bags delivered to our home for less the $65.00

Took 2 of use only 1 hour and 1 beer to assemble. A paper manual would be great but an ipad is just as good.
Did the 1 hour, 450 burn in but the first fatty cook won't likely be for a few days. Life gets in the way. But I have the whole weekend to aggravate the wife and get my smoke on.

I have lots of Traeger pellets left but have no experience of other pellets. Any recommendations? I smoke almost everything and would rather not keep more than 3 styles around due to space problems. I normally buy a blend and then sometimes, blend even more.
I used my leftover Traeger pellets for the initial burn in with no issues. Just wanted to use them up. I have stocked up with a variety of LJ and Bear Mountain products. Last cook was with LJ Competition Blend. It turned out well. I could see that one being my go to brand.

Just saw your post “I’m all in”. I have had my bull now for a little over two months and can remember the excitement of waiting to assemble it and start grilling. I spent the last twelve years grilling on a kamado style smoker and didn’t think I would ever use anything else. I use the bull quite a lot and have about forty cooks under my belt. As for pellets, I have found the Lumber Jack my favorite, and feel good about living in the Midwest as my local distributer sells them for $8.99 a bag. Enjoy the bull, I know I am.

Blue Mountain showing a 25% off code on their site for Cyber Monday. Just bought 6 bags (2 of each; gourmet, bourbon, and Sweet BBQ) and the code "BOGO" gave me half off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back