Bullseye Ignitor going bad on RecTeq Bullseye?

skerry

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
HI, I have a Bullseye about a year old. Started out great but after a few months when starting I found I need to press the power off and then on again a few time before the pellets would actually light.

I am assuming it is an igniter problem, but before I replace I thought I might ask.

I have tried starting at different t temps from 225 to 400 and it is the same issue.

I actually just started it with a propane torch to get cooking....

The grill is amazing what it can do, this is just becoming annoying.

HI, I have a Bullseye about a year old. Started out great but after a few months when starting I found I need to press the power off and then on again a few time before the pellets would actually light.

I am assuming it is an igniter problem, but before I replace I thought I might ask.

I have tried starting at different t temps from 225 to 400 and it is the same issue.

I actually just started it with a propane torch to get cooking....

The grill is amazing what it can do, this is just becoming annoying.
Should be under factory warranty. Contact RT.

Welcome!

Not familiar with the Bullseye but on my 700 Bull I did have to adjust the ignitor once. It was like yours ok at first but a few months got to the point where it would really not ignite the pellets.

Take a look at the fire pot and see if the ignitor is close to the wall where it comes out. It should be pretty close to flush or just a tiny bit in. Mine was like 1/4 in sunken in and it made a difference to bring it closer to flush.

One of my set screws was cross threaded from the factory so it was tight but not really tight on the ignitor to hold it. I suppose that caused it to move out or never set right.

Of course calling Recteq support would be in need if you can't figure it out.

Good luck

Here's a video of replacing the igniter in a Bullseye, at about 2:30 it tells you to install the new one even with the edge of the fire pot. If yours is already even, ask RT for a replacement.

I'm not sure if everyone else does this but EVERYTIME I start my Bullseye, I first add a big handful of pellets to the firepot. EVERYTIME.

The grill should fill the pot enough with pellets but it doesn't seem to. Maybe newer versions of the software for the controller have fixed this. I got mine I believe in the 3rd batch in July of the year it came out. My dad I believe got his the 4th batch and does the same thing.

I would guess the groups on fb talk about this.

I recently upgraded my deflector plate to a stainless steel one with the ability to take out the middle hole from CT Fabrications. This makes it easier to easily add pellets before starting up and just a nice upgrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back