Bull Igniter Short

jzelwin

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just got my RT 700 and did my Initial burn earlier in the week. I went down this morning to start up the Bull and had my igniter fail. It rained last night and I had the cover on, but it shorted out. We had a pretty heavy rain last night, but i had the cover on the smoker. Anyone have this happen? I’m really looking forward to using it, just worried that this may happen whenever we have hard rains.

Customer support was very helpful and I was able to manually light it. I have some ribs on (see pic below) and just threw some wings on too. Can’t wait to eat later.

CF6AA66B-BFA2-4C9C-9595-4EA86FE8F473.jpeg

Call customer service for your hassle free replacement*...as far as rain,I don't leave mine out,. But several do and from the posts I've read here on the subject there hasn't been any issues. Hopefully it was just a bad part and the replacement will have you back up and running quickly.

As Buckeye said, a number of members leave their Bull outside and I haven't seen any reports of issues. I'm sure customer service will take care of you.

I did not have a short but after assembly and first burn it the igniter did not work initially. I called tech support and while checking the wiring it must have came loose during shipping.

Just got my RT 700 and did my Initial burn earlier in the week. I went down this morning to start up the Bull and had my igniter fail. It rained last night and I had the cover on, but it shorted out. We had a pretty heavy rain last night, but i had the cover on the smoker. Anyone have this happen? I’m really looking forward to using it, just worried that this may happen whenever we have hard rains.

Customer support was very helpful and I was able to manually light it. I have some ribs on (see pic below) and just threw some wings on too. Can’t wait to eat later.

View attachment 3954

View attachment 3954
Mine went out today also. Pisse me off because it is only 2 months old. Did the Manuel start up two tumble weeds and then call customer support. I have to say, they are very helpful and shipped the replacement the same day.

So much for the 100000 rated cycles on these igniters, maybe Rec Tec got a bad batch of them, it happens but good news is they will make good on them and get you one out quickly to you. If you need to use the grill there is a manual start procedure.

So much for the 100000 rated cycles on these igniters, maybe Rec Tec got a bad batch of them, it happens but good news is they will make good on them and get you one out quickly to you. If you need to use the grill there is a manual start procedure.
I did use the manual light process and they did get this to me quick. Customer service was very helpful and responsive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back