I have the 590 so, Whats the best feed rate, for the most smoke?

I would leave the feed rate set to the stock setting probably 30 but not sure. the only reason to adjust that he minimum feed rate is if the grill struggles to run at low temps you could lower it to help with that. for more smoke flavor many people swear by lumber jack pellets which are on sale today for $4.99 per 20lbs at rural king. for a bigger boost in flavor a smoke tube really helps and mixing it with wood chips and pellets will give you maximum smoke.

I would leave the feed rate set to the stock setting probably 30 but not sure. the only reason to adjust that he minimum feed rate is if the grill struggles to run at low temps you could lower it to help with that. for more smoke flavor many people swear by lumber jack pellets which are on sale today for $4.99 per 20lbs at rural king. for a bigger boost in flavor a smoke tube really helps and mixing it with wood chips and pellets will give you maximum smoke.
I have the 590 as well. I usually go to the low setting, below 200 for some good smoke but I like the smoke taste. I use the A-maze-n smoke tube along side my 590. Cheap investment and you can vary your flavors with the tube. Cheap addition to a great product.

@Mblackshear you load pellets (and wood chips if you like) into the tube then light the pellets/chips with a heat source. You want to use a torch or heat gun to get it burninG. Let the flame go about 10 minutes to get some good embers going then blow out the flame and put the smoldering tube in with what you are cooking.

Basically pellet grills burn too clean for much smoke flavor. The smoke tube doesn’t burn as efficiently so you get more smoke flavor. For my taste it’s still a fairly mild smoke flavor but more than what a pellet grill will produce on it’s own.

Here’s a pic of a smoke tube in action. I got this one off Amazon.

Attachments

• 31CA3275-1B92-4FAF-B2CA-B759C6460EEC.jpeg
    31CA3275-1B92-4FAF-B2CA-B759C6460EEC.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 153

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back