"I don't need this" for Christmas

SmokeOCD

1671053428256.png

I started off wondering if I can put a small racer piglet in my 1070, Started looking at measurements of the grill vs typical smaller pig measurements. Then - down the rabbit hole... The one above is only $130 and does up to 125lbs. I never go that big; prefer less than half that size.
This is even cheaper than that remote thermometer that keeps coming up in another thread!

I know a cook on the recteq would turn out fairly effortless and tasty/juicy, but the texture and crispy skin of a live fire rotisserie cook is hard to beat. I don't need the push. Probably will click buy before the day is done. Ho Ho Ho!

View attachment 18213
I started off wondering if I can put a small racer piglet in my 1070, Started looking at measurements of the grill vs typical smaller pig measurements. Then - down the rabbit hole... The one above is only $130 and does up to 125lbs. I never go that big; prefer less than half that size.
This is even cheaper than that remote thermometer that keeps coming up in another thread!

I know a cook on the recteq would turn out fairly effortless and tasty/juicy, but the texture and crispy skin of a live fire rotisserie cook is hard to beat. I don't need the push. Probably will click buy before the day is done. Ho Ho Ho!
Order now, avoid the rush.

1671057952553.png

I've looked at this one before, and thought about it at full price because it's still cheaper than a SPIT JACK.
The rabbit hole included a trip back to a bookmark I had Titangreatoutdoors.com and voila!

So anyway - anyone done a whole pig on a recteq? How did it turn out, Search has been no help.

Rotisserie pig is about $18/lb in the Chicagoland area. (lamb is about the same)
It won't take many cooks for this to pay for itself. I'm thinking.... 1.

Everything about that pic is too much - except for the bacon, there's never too much bacon.
The grill starts at $10K - and that's probably north of 150lb hog.
I only want to do 2 or 3 pig roasts a year, maybe 35-40lb piglet.

Everything about that pic is too much - except for the bacon, there's never too much bacon.
The grill starts at $10K - and that's probably north of 150lb hog.
I only want to do 2 or 3 pig roasts a year, maybe 35-40lb piglet.
Yep we did one at the November Academy. The hog was pushing 200 pounds before prep. It was tasty. Some time soon I will do a smaller version on our 700.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back