I am new to pellet grills, which is the best one?

I researched pellet smokers for two years. The market upgraded so fast I could barely keep up. I ultimately settled on my RT-700 because of the features for the price point and the 6 year warranty. I have been totally satisfied in the 2.5 years of ownership.
I think I will go with the 1250 just because all I hear about is build quality, accuracy with temps, warranty, and customer service. Can't go wrong there. Also most of the mods I have heard about that I would want are already done. Like the slide in second shelf, heavier duty deflector plate, and moving the ring. The outlet is a cool feature. I guess they removed the interior light. Do you find that pretty useful? I have a Milwaukee light I could use so not a big deal. I have two small kids and not much time for side projects... I have too many as is.
Thanks

I keep going back and forth. I want to make a decision pretty soon. I am on carnivore and really want to enjoy my meat with a much better flavor.
They both appear to be great grills.

you wont be disappointed with a recteq. i think they also have a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it. not sure if you would have to pay return shipping though. i always liked the look of the grilla alpha! i would like to have that just to look at it on the deck. very unique

Attachments

• 73FD169F-2BC6-4EAB-AF6F-BBA8139C10BA.jpeg
    73FD169F-2BC6-4EAB-AF6F-BBA8139C10BA.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 110
you wont be disappointed with a recteq. i think they also have a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it. not sure if you would have to pay return shipping though. i always liked the look of the grilla alpha! i would like to have that just to look at it on the deck. very unique
It's my understanding their grills have insulated lids.

You also get Jungle Direct Pricing, you won't get that from Recteq!

Last edited:
I'm kind of second guessing my reqteq decision, myself.

The grills are good grills, the support is awesome if you need it, but I feel like it's amateur hour over there.

They copied Traeger (as did others) when the parents expired. They opted to go with better grade materials and a better controller.

However....the company has made statements that seem to indicate that they don't really understand how heat, smoke, etc works.

I'm kind of second guessing my reqteq decision, myself.

The grills are good grills, the support is awesome if you need it, but I feel like it's amateur hour over there.

They copied Traeger (as did others) when the parents expired. They opted to go with better grade materials and a better controller.

However....the company has made statements that seem to indicate that they don't really understand how heat, smoke, etc works.
I would agree from some of the conversations that I've had with customer support. I was hoping is was scripted. who knows?

Please, if you go for the Grilla share your thoughts here. It would be nice to have real feedback on them. Now they have wifi it makes it a real decision. Not sure how their customer service is either.
When I was shopping around I was torn between Recteq and the Grilla Silverbac. I decided to call both companies to talk to them and I found that the staff at recteq were more enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their product compared to those at Grilla. That said, my neighbor has one and loves his. The insulated lid is cool, but ive read its top heavy for that reason so if you dont opt for the AT version, it is a tipping hazard. At the end of the day I love my 700, but its ultimately going to come down to what you have the most confidence in.

They both appear to be great grills.
Agreed. I can't go wrong either way. i was going to go with the rt-700, but while I love the additional 2 years of warranty, I just don't think 300 bucks more is worth it to me over what the rt-590 can give me. So that then brings me to the silverbac which is basically the same size in square inches as the rt-700, but just 900 dollars. Also the dual insulated walls I like as well. So I should have a definite decision in a few weeks after I mull everything over. Either way my journey to being down to those 2 units and companies has taken about 6 months.. LOL My first choice was a kamado style grill which started me off on this path..

When I was shopping around I was torn between Recteq and the Grilla Silverbac. I decided to call both companies to talk to them and I found that the staff at recteq were more enthusiastic and knowledgeable about their product compared to those at Grilla. That said, my neighbor has one and loves his. The insulated lid is cool, but ive read its top heavy for that reason so if you dont opt for the AT version, it is a tipping hazard. At the end of the day I love my 700, but its ultimately going to come down to what you have the most confidence in.
I did that same thing.. I called each company a number of times but had the exact opposite experience. I found the Grilla Grill's representatives to be more knowledgeable of their product and of grilling in general than the Recteq. That is not to say that the Recteq did a bad job, but they weren't at the same level. Both companies make great products so whatever I choose will be a win for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back