I am new to pellet grills, which is the best one?

I'm kind of second guessing my reqteq decision, myself.

The grills are good grills, the support is awesome if you need it, but I feel like it's amateur hour over there.

They copied Traeger (as did others) when the parents expired. They opted to go with better grade materials and a better controller.

However....the company has made statements that seem to indicate that they don't really understand how heat, smoke, etc works.
I’m think I heard an interview with the owner of grilla saying they were in the business of make furnaces/Hvac equipment and already had all the machinery to build anything from metal. Pretty cool.
My buddy recently got the grilla when I got my 700 and he loves it.

I don't know if it's the best, but I saw this in KC last week and it's definitely the most expensive one I've ever seen...

qYiEON3l.jpg

I didn't buy it. I'll stick with my Bull/Bullseye combo and hang onto the $8K difference. 😅

I don't know if it's the best, but I saw this in KC last week and it's definitely the most expensive one I've ever seen...
I’ve never used on, but the Memphis grills appear to be awesome. Steven Raichlen has used one on his PBS series Project Fire/Smoke and I’ve been real impressed with it‘s features.

I’ve never used on, but the Memphis grills appear to be awesome. Steven Raichlen has used one on his PBS series Project Fire/Smoke and I’ve been real impressed with it‘s features.
I'd never seen one in person before. They are very, very nice. But the basic starter model was about $2K. I couldn't believe how many that store had in inventory. Store is called Feldman's, kind of a regional Tractor Supply/Rural King type of place. Also had more wood pellets in one place than I've ever saw.

A friend of ours has a Memphis cart model. It is pretty darn impressive and might survive a direct hit from a tornado. I'm not sure if I could justify the $5,000 price tag. The boss would kill me, or at least banish me to the couch for many years. My fully loaded 700 at about $2K met with her approval.

A friend of ours has a Memphis cart model. It is pretty darn impressive and might survive a direct hit from a tornado. I'm not sure if I could justify the $5,000 price tag. The boss would kill me, or at least banish me to the couch for many years. My fully loaded 700 at about $2K met with her approval.
There's nothing wrong with the couch:D

Just from the comments about the RecTeq BFG 2500, I'd say they should have put a larger firepot in it. There are a lot more "no smoke" comments about the BFG than the 700/1250 models. The little firepot has to work at higher heat efficiency than is ideal for producing smoke at bbq temperatures in the larger grill. RecTeq's philosophy of using the same firepot for their whole line seems to fall short above the 700/1250.

Just from the comments about the RecTeq BFG 2500, I'd say they should have put a larger firepot in it. There are a lot more "no smoke" comments about the BFG than the 700/1250 models. The little firepot has to work at higher heat efficiency than is ideal for producing smoke at bbq temperatures in the larger grill. RecTeq's philosophy of using the same firepot for their whole line seems to fall short above the 700/1250.
I agree @Roaniecowpony , the more pot, the better!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back