Howdy from Phoenix!

RT700 I believe. Waiting for the 1st to see if there are updates offered. You have advice/suggestions?
Thanks for reaching out.

@dbendtsen it's tough to beat a Bull. I love mine!

Unless this big announcement is something about a super awesome new grill, then I'd say you can't go wrong with picking it.

Howdie d, and welcome aboard. Now that the announcement is out of the way, and Mike's anticipation of a "super awesome new grill" has been realized, which way ya goin'?

Howdie d, and welcome aboard. Now that the announcement is out of the way, and Mike's anticipation of a "super awesome new grill" has been realized, which way ya goin'?
Yikes....decision time I suppose. I want to buy the 700 but I’m trying to get over one issue that may crop up. I have a couple dogs roaming the back yard and I’m afraid they’ll make a mess on my patio by getting into the grease bucket.
That’s why I’m also looking at the Mac 1 star as it has an internal grease pan.
Talk me off the ledge if you can, because I really want to buy a rec tech

Yikes....decision time I suppose. I want to buy the 700 but I’m trying to get over one issue that may crop up. I have a couple dogs roaming the back yard and I’m afraid they’ll make a mess on my patio by getting into the grease bucket.
That’s why I’m also looking at the Mac 1 star as it has an internal grease pan.
Talk me off the ledge if you can, because I really want to buy a rec tech

Okay, lemme see what I can do :)
I have a Stampede, but the design is similar enough. I've done spare ribs, whole chicken, pizza, but not yet for brisket or pork shoulder. And none of the cooks have been at max quantity, singular for each so far. To date I haven't had a single drop of fat/grease drop into the bucket......sure that's mostly due to quantity on the grates. The drippings I've had so far have all stayed on the foil lining I put on the grease shield as suggested by all users and RT. It does tend to dam up a tiny bit at the fall off end that goes into the trough leading to the bucket. If I did a few racks at once, or a particularly fatty brisket or shoulder I'd probably get some greater volume. So two suggestions for you. One would be to remove the bucket (or liner if you choose to use one) as soon as you're done with the cook, it just clips on. Second, if you're concerned they'll scavenge during the cook, wrap the top of the bucket and the down spout with a couple layers of heavy foil as a makeshift lid. That should do it unless the little buggers are overly bright. Now...……..spend some $ and get with us. ;)

Thanks Uncle Bob!
The foil idea is good, and it sounds like there isn’t the amount of grease produced I was imagining. I pictured the bucket halfway full after each cook.
Now that You helped me to decide to move forward on the 700, you might be getting a stern phone call from my wife... lol!

I'm old, so my skin is plenty tough, and my bride has been giving me the stern treatment for decades...…………..have yours take her best shot!!:ROFLMAO:

I've already "sold" two Stampedes to neighbors who've been exposed to mine, so a Bull would be a step up for me. Glad I could help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back