How to cook pork blade bone steak

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi Best way to cook/smoke these pork blade bone steak? They are about 1/4" thick.
Thanks Dan

IMG_20210329_165744864.jpg
ks Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_164015619.jpg
    IMG_20210329_164015619.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I fo these hot and fast on my charcoal grill. They are so thin they cook up in minutes. Season them up and toss them on. Finish with a little sauce if I feel like it. Very yummy.

Try grilling one as a test, last pork steaks I got like that were awfully tough if cooked anyway other than in the crockpot till they were fall apart tender.

Hi What they really are is the butt roast sliced. Should be somewhat tender. I'm thinking of smoking them,like I do ribs, with hickory/cherry.
Dan

For those types of pork steaks, I like to brine them for about 5-6 hours in a basic brine with a can of ginger beer added to the brine. Rinse, brush with a little EVOO and rub with an all round rub. Favorite is Dan's Backyard All purpose on one side and Oakridge Smoked Chili Lime on the other. I cook mine hot and fast, so either use charcoal (my go to with this cut), or the RT with grill grates at high temps.

Hi What I did is smoke them extreme smoke for 3hrs then 250 for 2 more..Some parts were tender .I guess it depends on what muscle you eat?
Next time hot & fast on a grill.
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back