Stampede How to clean these stains?

Shulong6

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
How to clean these stains?

34B4DD6A-FDB4-4058-B756-CD1CF7BE6022.jpeg
44CD626B-4A5B-4C28-B2A2-DCEDC17302D2.jpeg

I got some grease remover for $1 at Dollar Tree that is pretty good. Think I saw it here or on Facebook.

Let me know if you find something that really does the job. I tried most of the usual cleaners with just so so results.

Simple Green and/or CLR Grill cleaner worked for me. Took a few times, but eventually it all came off.
Let me know if you find something that really does the job. I tried most of the usual cleaners with just so so results.

You're reminding me that I am a very odd bird. I prefer those stains on my smokers (though I do not like those white-looking streaks on the black frame).

Above, someone already mentioned Barkeeper's Friend and over the past couple years I can recall reading-through threads whose pictures illustrate its favorable results. So you might consider a "Barkeeper's Friend" search on this site.

The products @JGW mentioned plus non-scratch scouring pads plus lots of elbow grease should do it. I wasn’t trying to be a smart a$$ but have found that regardless the product you choose it just takes a lot of scrubbing.

If you don’t want the staining to come back you may want to consider cleaning the inside of the lid really well and adding high heat gaskets.

Some people feel stains are a badge of honor o_O
I don't keep mine spotless, though do wipe up stains at the end of each cook while still hot with some simple green sprayed on a paper towel. I've been doing this with all my grills for decades. Every now and then, I do a deep clean with some Barkeepers Friend. I adjusted the lid to fit better since it was not done well from the factory, plus I have a gasket on the lid which reduces nearly all the staining from the smoke leaking out of the lid.

OK, Full Disclosure while I bought all the items to clean my grill exterior and had all intentions to clean it, I have not. I do keep the interior clean, use foil on the drip pan each time, clean the fire pot and cover always.

I did notice this weekend that on the 590 some of the old is actually falling off! I think it baked off like an oven....

But to answer your question I have the Bar Keepers Friend and Cameo stainless steel cleaner. I am confident they will work with some Scotch Brite pads.

Damn, now I feel guilty.......

Scotch Brite pads will scratch the SS.
I've been using the brown Scotchbrite pads to remove baked on grease and sauce like shown by the OP. The hardest to remove is sauce baked on, that I dripped when basting. I make sure to only scrub in line with the original finish (horizontally). It's not hard to match. You can see the original finish was done by hand, because the lines are irregular.

I've been using the brown Scotchbrite pads to remove baked on grease and sauce like shown by the OP. The hardest to remove is sauce baked on, that I dripped when basting. I make sure to only scrub in line with the original finish (horizontally). It's not hard to match. You can see the original finish was done by hand, because the lines are irregular.
I use those too. As long as you go with the grain there is no issue.

I'm curious if I could use my DA polisher and get it to a mirror 🪞 finish. 🤔

There are different Scotch Brite pads for different purposes, and they're color coded. There are some that have more industrial purposes, like auto body work, and then there are those that are used more in household cleaning. I find the blue variety that one might use on a ceramic cooktop to be the least likely to scratch. Here's a chart of the household varieties:

1631284447562.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back