Bullseye How Long To Temp?

abadders

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
How long does it typically take the RT-B380 to get to around 400 degrees? I'm thinking of replacing my current propane grill with a Bullseye, but the obvious advantage of propane is how quickly it heats up.

I haven’t put a watch on mine, but I would guess that 0-400 would be around 20 minutes, perhaps a little longer. I’ve seen other reports where people say that they can get to max temp in as little as 11-12 minutes, but that sounds highly optimistic to me. But then, I do always have the GrillGrates in so I suspect that makes it take longer. Weather permitting, I’m going to be cooking on mine tonight, without GrillGrates, so I’ll try to get a better number for you.

I haven’t put a watch on mine, but I would guess that 0-400 would be around 20 minutes, perhaps a little longer. I’ve seen other reports where people say that they can get to max temp in as little as 11-12 minutes, but that sounds highly optimistic to me. But then, I do always have the GrillGrates in so I suspect that makes it take longer. Weather permitting, I’m going to be cooking on mine tonight, without GrillGrates, so I’ll try to get a better number for you.

Thanks, Greg! I currently have a 590 with the GrillGrates which have worked perfectly. It would just be nice to have something that heated up a little faster.

Thanks, Greg! I currently have a 590 with the GrillGrates which have worked perfectly. It would just be nice to have something that heated up a little faster.
So my Bullseye actually heats up faster than I anticipated. Running the test this evening, ambient temp is 77*, I got the following results:

8:00 minutes: 258*
10:00 minutes: 341*
11:27 minutes: 400*

This was achieved by setting the temp initially to RIOT mode, which isn’t going to throttle the auger back as it approaches a lower set point. In other words, had I set it initially to 400* I’m sure it would have taken longer, how much longer remains to be seen. The Bullseye does cool down quickly, so even if I had changed it from RIOT to 400* at the 10 minute mark, that would probably be the optimal plan to get to 400* as quickly as possible without overshooting your target temp. Hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back