How long is the power cord?

From the 1070 tech specs - TOTAL CORD LENGTH: 4’8”. Probably the same across all models.

Another option to consider.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 166
If your looking for a longer cord I was able to successfully install a longer cord. Had to get pins out of the plastic that was tricky and found some new pins on Amazon pretty cheap. If anyone asks the pins in the cord are a Molex Pin, Male & Female .093" 14-20 AWG, Series 1189 Tin (Sn) Plated Brass Contact (20 Pair).

Thank you all for the help. I wrongly assumed that you couldn't use an extension cord.
No worries, you definitely can. Just be sure to get one that is outdoor rated. The power draw is not huge. I have a 12 gauge, which is probably better than I really need.

I "Gorilla Taped" one of these to the back of the shelf of my Bull;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096KMJ8RN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I also mounted an iPhone car holder to the back/left/top of the shelf;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QRS5VPR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The longer cord seems to be 16 gauge, maybe 18 gauge wire. I looked all over the bull and in the manual and did not find anything about the max current rating. I also shortened the stock Bull power cord and put a new male Edison (120 Vac) plug on it. The wire gauge of the stock Bull cord seemed to be of the same/similar gauge as the new extension cord. That alleviated my concerns about the bull possibly drawing more current than the new cord/box was designed for.

With the new extension cord/multiple outlet box, I have extra receptacles to plug in my Big Kahuna smoke generator air pump. I also have USB charging ports to plug in my iPhone that is sitting in the holder on top of the shelf.

Everything works just fine......;)

edit; per Beach Bum's comment directly above about "outdoor rated", I completely agree. If your grill will be sitting outside, outdoor rated electrical components are a "must". However, my grill is always under cover when in use and is stored in the garage when not in use.

Last edited:
That all changed when you updated your firmware.
I can hardly wait for the next one. I heard it will include a self cleaning mode for the drip tray. This will allow team scraper and team foil to make peace. It will also have a beta version of the brisket doubler. Imagine tossing on a 10 pound brisket, going to sleep and finding a 20 pound one in the morning. Now that will solve the meat price hikes we have all endured.

I can hardly wait for the next one. I heard it will include a self cleaning mode for the drip tray. This will allow team scraper and team foil to make peace. It will also have a beta version of the brisket doubler. Imagine tossing on a 10 pound brisket, going to sleep and finding a 20 pound one in the morning. Now that will solve the meat price hikes we have all endured.
What firmware revision?

I wonder who this special person is. Perhaps a wizard ?
Hmm that might be it. I think it requires secret powers to allow firmware updates on older controllers that cannot normally process them. Guess that means I am out of luck.

Instructions for everything are written to satisfy the insurance companies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back