Bull How do you store your Pellets ?

DenStinett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
We bought the Gamma2 Vittles Vault Airtight 60lb Storage Container
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002H3S5U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sits perfectly under the Side Shelf, and the angled opening allows for easy access to scoop-out the Pellets as you need them
It says 60, but it holds just shy of 100lbs of Pellets
I didn't try it, but it looks like you could easily store a few partial Bags (of different Pellets) in there at the same time

Pellet Storage.jpg

5 gallon fire house sub pickle buckets. $3 a piece.

Right now I store my pellets in the bags they came in on a plastic cart (that's now starting to bow from the weight haha).

I haven't decided if I want to go the Gamma2 Vittles Vault or the 5 gallon bucket route.

Large plastic garbage can with weatherstripping on the can rim so the lid fits tight. Holds 4 to 5 - 20 lb bags. Also keep the pellets in their original plastic bags & only open as I use them.

I was lucky enough to find a guy who works at a bakery. He was able to get me 10 buckets that were headed to the recycle bin. These buckets are food grade (not that this matters for pellet storage) and have a rubber gasket on the inside of the lid to help keep the pellets dry. Best thing is that they were free. Might want to check with a local commercial bakery in your area.

I store 100 lbs of various pellets this way. My wife made up some magnets that I store inside the bins and when I fill the hopper with a solo batch or mixed batch, I put the magnet(s) inside the RT hopper. Looks nice sitting next to the Bull RT-700.

Attachments

• IMG_4009.JPG
    IMG_4009.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4013.JPG
    IMG_4013.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 219
I use the 5 gallon buckets with lids. Air tight. I use the containers on the OP for my wood chunks for my weber kettle.

I store 100 lbs of various pellets this way. My wife made up some magnets that I store inside the bins and when I fill the hopper with a solo batch or mixed batch, I put the magnet(s) inside the RT hopper. Looks nice sitting next to the Bull RT-700.
This hits ALL my buttons. Love it. Where did you get the dispenser? What was it originally designed for?

These from KINGSFORD are great and they stack. Only hold 24 pounds but very convenient. Look like the same product as the BUDDEEZ above, just branded different.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQE1QT2/
I went up a size or two on this, this holds two 20lb. bags perfectly. No Kingsford colors though, nice seal with gasket (I live in the desert so we have no humidity or rain anyway). Rolls well, comes with scoop. After two years on the patio they look fine, the UV hasn't killed them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KJDEVA/

Not exclusive to amazon, check Walmart and other places as well.

Buddeez XXLarge (80QT)​

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 9.03.06 AM.png

In a 55 gallon waterproof food grade blue barrel that has gaskets. Barrel cost me $15 on Facebook Marketplace. This way I can store pellets outside. Holds 240 lbs plus (6 40# bags).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back