RT-1250 How deep does the cover need to be?

AmyG

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. RT-1250
I'm looking for an aftermarket cover. The dimensions of the 1250 state that the grill is 32-33" deep. Some of the recommendations for after-market covers that I've seen are less than that depth. Do I not need to look for a cover that is at least 32" deep?
I have these on a few of my other grills and love it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GPG9Y7M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
But it is 24" deep. I assume that's too narrow?
Can anyone tell me the depth of the Recteq cover for the 700/1250?

When you say “deep,” do you mean how far it hangs down or are you talking about the front-to-back dimension? If the former, you can go with whatever dimension is available and covers the grill. It is probably good to cover as much of the wheels as possible if the grill will be left fully exposed to the elements. If kept in a sheltered location, that is not so much of an issue.

When you say “deep,” do you mean how far it hangs down or are you talking about the front-to-back dimension? If the former, you can go with whatever dimension is available and covers the grill. It is probably good to cover as much of the wheels as possible if the grill will be left fully exposed to the elements. If kept in a sheltered location, that is not so much of an issue.
Thank you for responding. I was referring to the front to back dimensions. Even though the grill is 32” deep (one diagram showed 33” deep), I am seeing people recommending covers that aren’t that deep.
I’m wondering if it’s possible to have a more shallow cover and just have the cover be a little shorter.

Thank you for responding. I was referring to the front to back dimensions. Even though the grill is 32” deep (one diagram showed 33” deep), I am seeing people recommending covers that aren’t that deep.
I’m wondering if it’s possible to have a more shallow cover and just have the cover be a little shorter.
@AmyG, in that case, I would opt for deeper rather than shallower. It is always easier to get a bigger cover on the grill. Snug-fitting covers can be a bear to get on and off without tearing them. IMO, having the cover a couple inches larger won’t make a lot of difference in how it looks or protects, but it will make installation a lot easier. YMMV

I'm looking for an aftermarket cover. The dimensions of the 1250 state that the grill is 32-33" deep. Some of the recommendations for after-market covers that I've seen are less than that depth. Do I not need to look for a cover that is at least 32" deep?
I have these on a few of my other grills and love it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GPG9Y7M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
But it is 24" deep. I assume that's too narrow?
Can anyone tell me the depth of the Recteq cover for the 700/1250?

The one I got for my 1250 is 70"W x 30"D x 48"H. It is bigger but is so easy to put on and off and covers all the way to the ground.

Last edited:
Given that the most common feedback on the 700 cover that I see here is that it’s too small (and I agree). I recommend any cover option that gives you MORE space, not less. Off topic, but I have a cover for a griddle that is larger than it needs to be, but it still works great I. also have a OEM cover for a RT-700/with smoke box that sucks because it’s too small. People here have put zippers in their OEM 700 covers for a reason.

I have had no trouble finding covers that are wider or taller, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding covers that are deeper.

Searching here for ‘Bull cover’ will find multiple options for what others have had success with. I still struggle with the OEM cover on a RT-700 with smokebox, so I can’t advise any specific alternatives.

Given that the most common feedback on the 700 cover that I see here is that it’s too small (and I agree). I recommend any cover option that gives you MORE space, not less. Off topic, but I have a cover for a griddle that is larger than it needs to be, but it still works great I. also have a OEM cover for a RT-700/with smoke box that sucks because it’s too small. People here have put zippers in their OEM 700 covers for a reason.
I don't have a 1250, I have a 700. I bought a cover off of AMZN (for about 1/3 the cost of the RecTeq). The cover that I bought is a bit on the large side, but as Greg says, it's far easier to put on and take off than a tight fitting one. It has a zipper on it, but honestly, it's easier to put on and take off with it being zipped/closed all the time.

Oh, and put some of these on the corners of the grill;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YWRTTXF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

They'll slow down the wear on the cover, which would eventually end up being a tear.

I am looking to replace my 1250 cover and searched results and stumbled in here.

Any links for the cover you got and liked. The factory cover is horrible to put on.

My cover from Costco...

20200218_111544.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back