Houston, we have a problem! I thought all of this was just talk

Jsin357

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I just bought a Rt 700 for Father's day and this is my first real cook a 15lb brisket. I put it on at 8 last night and went to sleep. I'm just waking up and I'm amazed. It held temp all night and now it's time to wrap. I believe my meat bill is going to go through the roof.

20210704_044606.jpg
20210704_044617.jpg

Way to go! I never had great brisket results until I got the RT700 and started doing them overnight. Now I do my pork shoulders that way too. Temps are rock solid!

So will your cholesterol!
Mine went up 41 pts. since I got my Reqtec....:rolleyes:
wow. Since getting mine we now eat fish 2-4 times a week from salmon to tuna, swordfish and my favorite dolphin ( mahi) . I have smoked several turkeys and tons of dirty bird. I have made ribs twice and brisket now 4 times since Christmas. We actually don't eat very much pork ( rare due to gout) And not a lot red meat either. I also roast a lot of garlic in it too (which helps your blood cholesterol levels I am told) . Our fish consumption has gone up significantly which I hope come next for physical and such will reveal healthy cholesterol levels. The bull has really improved my seafood cooking.

I've been smoking a LOT of Salmon and chicken lately, and grilling vegetables on the Weber Kettle.
I love roasting garlic as well.
And finally going back to the gym before I go see my doc and get chewed out....😧

I started doing more fish and chicken because my cholesterol was starting to go up. :)
Last week while doing a ton of chicken thighs, I put in an aluminum pan of sliced onion with a little EVOO and let it sit the whole time until the chickens were ready.
After they cooled, I put them in a blender to pulverize them and used part of it for a homemade salad dressing, part for future use and the rest for a homemade BBQ sauce. Really kicked up the game. Something so simple added so much flavor to other things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back