Hot Pellet Grill Deals

The deal Rec Tec has on a new purchase and adding the competition cart is pretty good at 50% off. The only thing I didn't like about the Rec Tec competition cart was the lack of storage below it on the cart. Fast forward I made my own cart with storage for about the same $$.
Yeah, I agree about the lack of storage - it's a waste of good space, frankly. And I really like what you came up with. Can you make me one? ;) (Almost not kidding.)

I bought my grill back in December, but no harm asking if they might cut me a deal.

I'm curious, are there a lot of issues with the RT stock probes that cause everyone to spend another $200 on aftermarket probe kits? I'm only a month into my RT700, but I don't really have a desire to be running the RT app and a probe app if I don't have to.

I'm curious, are there a lot of issues with the RT stock probes that cause everyone to spend another $200 on aftermarket probe kits? I'm only a month into my RT700, but I don't really have a desire to be running the RT app and a probe app if I don't have to.
I started out with these aftermarket probe kits when I first bought a Big Green Egg. I went through 2-3 of the Maverick units before I discovered the ThermoWorks products, and they are excellent. I use them for a lot of uses outside of the smoker, in the indoor oven, when pan frying, etc.

Having said that, I used the ThermoWorks probes in my Bull back when the RT app notifications were crappy. Now that the app has been greatly improved, I’ve only used the RT probes in my Bull, and I don’t see any advantage to buying an aftermarket probe kit if the Bull is the only use you have for them. However, do get a Thermapen if you don’t already have one. If I could only have one thermometer, it would be a Thermapen.

Hi Everyone!

Just came back from running some errands and found BKF at my local Home Depot and Lowe's (physical store, in stock). Both stores had the liquid...Home depot also had the foaming spray and Lowe's had the dry granules. I only mention this b/c the prices were in the rang of $2-$4 per bottle! The links I've embeded will show whether it is in stock in your local store...doesn't seem like they are selling it for shipping, but if you can find it locally it's about 20-25% of the price on Amazon (which - don't get me wrong, I LOVE Amazon.com)...

The deal Rec Tec has on a new purchase and adding the competition cart is pretty good at 50% off. The only thing I didn't like about the Rec Tec competition cart was the lack of storage below it on the cart. Fast forward I made my own cart with storage for about the same $$ as the discounted cart.
That’s a great cart. How did you make it. Did you fabricate yourself? Nicely done!!!

turkey-dot-alarm.png

ThermoWorks DOT Simple Alarm Thermometer - 25% off today!

https://www.thermoworks.com/DOT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back