Stampede Hopper Vibrator

I've never had a hole over the auger where the pellets didn't feed. If I'm doing an overnight cook, I fill the hopper. I've never had the desire to change pellet wood type since there's very little if any difference in the end results with different woods, with the exception of unique ones like mesquite or something and if I really every wanted to change them, I'd just let it run low, them add the different flavor on top.
Tip: I put automotive paint ceramic coat on the walls of the hopper and the pellets just slide down easily, if not, open hopper, visual check and push them down with your hand if needed. I mound the pellets toward the cookbox side of the hopper.

Do you still have the auger finger guard in place, if so, that can inhibit proper pellet flow.

PS Your wife isn't going to be happy if you take her toy ;)
Finger guard long gone. I’ve been mounding towards the hole also. I’ve had a .5° down bubble towards the hole to try and fix it.
I thought about doing a car wax, just wasn’t sure which kind to try. I use carnuba on my vehicles.

And most importantly… Happy wife, happy life! Which also means keeping her supplied with a good variety of smoked meats. Just finished a pulled chuck roast and 10 smoked spicy Italian sausages today after doing 6 reverse sear pork chops yesterday (sear kit for the win).

recteq has confirmed that longer pellets can create problems with bridging. It’s nothing to do with gravity-they create a beaver dam style bridge if that helps explain.

I absolutely experienced this with my 380 and my 340. My 700 digested these pellets with no problem. Not to throw the pellet manufacturer under the bus, but these were charcoal pellets from a well known manufacturer.
View attachment 18406.
I’m not finding long pellets. Most of them are about a half inch long, some up to 1”

If you have a mechanical engineer degree and a lot of free time, you can follow this video. Looks like it would work really well.

An old couch I used to have had a “massage” feature that clips on to the wires under the seat cushions. It used to come loose all the time but I’d be able to slide it back on easily and tighten the 2 bolts. Need to find me one of those.

recteq has confirmed that longer pellets can create problems with bridging. It’s nothing to do with gravity-they create a beaver dam style bridge if that helps explain.

I absolutely experienced this with my 380 and my 340. My 700 digested these pellets with no problem. Not to throw the pellet manufacturer under the bus, but these were charcoal pellets from a well known manufacturer.
View attachment 18406.
in 20 years of using pellets I have NEVER seen such a proud pellet.
Now I understand more about bridging. I thought peeps were going crazy over 1-1.5" pellets.
Those are crazy long. Thanks for the pic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back