Hi from Michigan, New to the group.

Bronc0419

Hello all, new to the pellet scene, ordered the Bull and got it the end of July. I have cooked a lot of items on it since than and can say I am very pleased with the ease of cooking and the taste of the items I have cooked. I have stayed mainly with the Rec Tec Premium Pellets ( I think I am on bag number 5), am trying some of the lumberjack brand now, I have been using their different flavors in the smoke tube and have been very pleased with the outcomes

@Bronc0419 welcome to RecTecForum!

You've mentioned you've tried different flavors in the smoke tube - which has been your favorite so far?

I like the Hickory, Oak and Pecan have probably been the most I use. I don't do much fish but the son-in-law wants to and I have some Cherry for that. So it all depends on what I'm smoking and what flavor I am looking for.

Welcome aboard Bronc. I've got a question for the board on using the smoke tube for the extra kick. Does it seem to matter where you place it as to how much extra smoke flavor you get? I realize that's also a function of the type of wood, but I'm talking in relative terms within a given species.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back