Hello, new to Recteq

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
First cook and a question. How do you get to see the meat probe temp chart. it only shows the actual temp. When I switch off the set and autal temp it disappears. When I reset, all 3 are checked but no meat probe charting. Shouldn't there be at least 2 lines? 1 actual and one probe?

When the probes are plugged in, do you see a probe temp on the controller display? If there's no probe temp on the controller, there won't be one in the app.

The chart can show up to 4 lines: set temp, actual temp, probe A, probe B. (at least on Android, iOS may be different).

When the probes are plugged in, do you see a probe temp on the controller display? If there's no probe temp on the controller, there won't be one in the app.

The chart can show up to 4 lines: set temp, actual temp, probe A, probe B. (at least on Android, iOS may be different).
Ok just as I thought. I should have had 3 lines but only actual temp showed. Yes, I did have one probe in A. I had Set Temp, Actual Temp and Probe A Temp were all checked. When trying to see what was wrong I even just had the "probe checked" and the Actual Temp would disappear. and show nothing on the chart. So, As I see it both Actual and Probe A and Set were not displaying. Hope that made sense. Its Android. Wonder if I should delete the app and download it again. The app also says login failed. but the app works when cooking and can start the smoker from phone and control temp. Its really strange. Thank you for your reply.

Welcome to the family :cool:(y)
What got you the championship in San Jose?
Thank you. Happy to be here. I had a 28 ft. Mobile kitchen with a SPX 500 Southern Pride Smoker on the porch. I so miss it. It was an amazing cooker and made top notch BBQ. Then went on to catering for about 15 years. I did the BBQ circuit for a few years and earned invitations to the American Royal and the Jack Daniels Invitational to represent Nevada. Fun times and I really miss it.

Attachments

• 10336720_10152961164336305_6458884577581173911_n.jpg
    10336720_10152961164336305_6458884577581173911_n.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 79
Thank you. Happy to be here. I had a 28 ft. Mobile kitchen with a SPX 500 Southern Pride Smoker on the porch. I so miss it. It was an amazing cooker and made top notch BBQ. Then went on to catering for about 15 years. I did the BBQ circuit for a few years and earned invitations to the American Royal and the Jack Daniels Invitational to represent Nevada. Fun times and I really miss it.
Impressive!! I have a 1250 and an android. The probe temps on my chart do not show correct temps. I don't actually use the chart anyway, so I have not bothered to try an figure it out. I do monitor the temps on the app main screen from time to time. I have found the 1250 holds temp incredibly well* (with Bear Mountain pellets. Pit Boss pellets are pretty long and cause fluctuation.) If you find the issue I would be interested it hearing what it was.

Impressive!! I have a 1250 and an android. The probe temps on my chart do not show correct temps. I don't actually use the chart anyway, so I have not bothered to try and figure it out. I do monitor the temps on the app main screen from time to time. I have found the 1250 holds temp incredibly well* (with Bear Mountain pellets. Pit Boss pellets are pretty long and cause fluctuation.) If you find the issue I would be interested it hearing what it was.
Thank you. I will post when and if I can get it figured out. Yes it does an amazing job at holding temps and I always double check with a Themopen.

You have to expand the chart,like making a picture bigger,If that makes sense. Use two fingers and make it bigger .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back