Bullseye Hello. I have a question about grill covers and pellets.

WDIK

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hello. New to the forum. Just ordered a RT-B380 yesterday and was wondering what covers you are using for this grill? I know there is an official Recteq cover and I'm sure it's great, but it also comes at a premium price. Is anyone using an "off-brand" cover that fits well? My Bullseye will probably live outside from Spring through Fall and be stored indoors during the Winter months.

Any particular pellet brand that work well on the Bullseye? Or maybe more importantly, are there any brands it doesn't particularity like?

I have a 22" Weber kettle and a little Weber Smokey Joe I have no plans to get rid of. I've done successful smokes on the Weber kettle, but was looking for something a little more "set and forget." I'm a single guy so am normally just cooking for myself or for something to bring to a party. Never cooking for a large group. The Bullseye seems to fit my purposes and the price is right. Plus the round shape is appealing to a kettle guy. :)

I've done (and still doing) a lot of research to deal with potential issues, but am pretty confident this grill will work well for me.

Last edited:
The Weber 22 parts are interchangeable.
Pellets is what you prefer and works best.
I'd suggest the RT cover for the price and quality.

The only caution on pellets is to avoid any pellet that may be extra long, as in over 1.5”. The hopper of the Bullseye appears more prone to pellet bridging than the other recteqs.

As to the cover, I liked the Bullseye cover so much that I later bought a second for my Matador. It’s pricey, yes, but it’s a very nice cover.

Another vote for the RT cover, it's fitted well and feels very heavy duty.

So far all I've used have been Pit Boss' competition blend. Went with it due to lots of positive reviews and good price at $14/40lbs. Haven't had any complaints or problems with them.

Went ahead and ordered the RT cover. I'm sure I could have gotten by with a cheaper large grill cover, but I would have been a loose fit. Might as well have it looking nice and tidy while sitting in the back yard.

Last edited:
Another vote for the RT cover, it's fitted well and feels very heavy duty.

So far all I've used have been Pit Boss' competition blend. Went with it due to lots of positive reviews and good price at $14/40lbs. Haven't had any complaints or problems with them.
That's a great price. Thanks for the heads-up.

Don't have the Bullseye to speak for on the cover but I have also been using the Pit Boss Comp Blend in the Bull and have no issues so far. I get them at Lowes for $15 for the 40# bag.

Congrats.. Enjoy & post pick of your cooks :)

🤬
NOT a FAN of PIT BOSS!!
FWIW
That was what I have been using.
All my cooks on the
RT-700 have been at night and even with the cool low resolution light I was not seeing all the ash build up.🤯
I just spent my morning vacuuming & cleaning. (Sorry no pictures - time I cooled down to think of that I was knee deep with BKF). positive the The Bull is clean.
*I understand I could’ve had an older bag or just bad luck. But I’m going back to Bear Mountain.

-thanks for letting me vent-
My head taste tester 🐶 didn’t want to hear about it. 🤨

With the odd shape of the BullsEye, I went with the RecTeq cover. VERY Heavy Duty and fits very well.

I'm on my second bag of Lumber Jack pellets with no complaints. Might be a bit more expensive than some others, but they seems to go a long way.

The 380 grill cover is worth every penny...Fits great,heavy,high quality, looks good,easy to put on,....Wish my 700 cover was the same quality and fit....I had to use a Sam's generic cover for the 700...

The only caution on pellets is to avoid any pellet that may be extra long, as in over 1.5”. The hopper of the Bullseye appears more prone to pellet bridging than the other recteqs.

As to the cover, I liked the Bullseye cover so much that I later bought a second for my Matador. It’s pricey, yes, but it’s a very nice cover.
True about the sometimes "Bridging" I have a 30 " metal rod I run down the hopper to clear any problems...

Great call on the official Recteq cover everyone. (y) Fits great and is high quality. Might be higher quality and the grill itself. 😜

j/k My Bullseye did come with some shipping damage, and I've only had a chance to do the burn-in and some other temperature testing. I hope to do some ribs this weekend and will give a more detailed opinion after.

Hello. New to the forum. Just ordered a RT-B380 yesterday and was wondering what covers you are using for this grill? I know there is an official Recteq cover and I'm sure it's great, but it also comes at a premium price. Is anyone using an "off-brand" cover that fits well? My Bullseye will probably live outside from Spring through Fall and be stored indoors during the Winter months.

Any particular pellet brand that work well on the Bullseye? Or maybe more importantly, are there any brands it doesn't particularity like?

I have a 22" Weber kettle and a little Weber Smokey Joe I have no plans to get rid of. I've done successful smokes on the Weber kettle, but was looking for something a little more "set and forget." I'm a single guy so am normally just cooking for myself or for something to bring to a party. Never cooking for a large group. The Bullseye seems to fit my purposes and the price is right. Plus the round shape is appealing to a kettle guy. :)

I've done (and still doing) a lot of research to deal with potential issues, but am pretty confident this grill will work well for me.
The Bullseye cover is ideal, heavy duty and can be tied tight to cover in bad weather. Worth the price. B380 is super for hot cooks and sears. It requires more attention for lo/slo cooks in my opinion, since the temps seem to fluctuate more than other PID products from RT. If you pay attention to the info submitted by the many owners you can really use it for lo/slo as well, but IMO you can't set it and forget it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back