Hello from upstate NY!

Gardnaaa

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey everyone, just literally ordered a 590 today, I’m super excited, and I’ve always wanted a smoker and enjoy grilling... so why not get a pellet grill! I’ve done a ton of research and I’m sure I’ll be thrilled for my decision. I’m hoping to find out some tips/tricks, maybe learn some recipes, and maybe some info about good seasonings/rubs/etc. Every weekend my wife, my two kids and I do a homemade pizza night. I’m thrilled to try to make it on the 590. I hope to talk to a bunch of you. Happy new year and stay healthy!

You made the right call the 1st time.. I'm not as smart as you LOL.. made the mistake 2x with another brand.

Anyway.. It will bring you and the family a whole new life. It just works and makes you look good :).

Please post pics of the pizza.. I'm still in the romance stage myself and have not ventured down that road yet. One of my favorite foods!!

Enjoy!

Welcome @Gardnaaa I’m sure you’ll enjoy your grill. I can tell you these things make really good pizza. We do pizza every couple weeks and love it every time. Let us know what you think when you get yours.

Welcome aboard! I have a 590 myself, and I love it. I have had just over 90 smokes on it since Sep '2019 when I bought it. Every single weekend is something

One thing I'd encourage any new smoker to do is keep a log (Excel or Google Sheets ideally). I wish I started it much earlier in my smoking "career". I'd have a column for at least what you cooked, temperature, prep time, outside temperature, the time to preheat, and total cook time. Then keep a separate log that coordinates with that entry for the recipe and prep. That will help you so much with time estimation because there's a significant slowdown for when I do ribs or pork butt/shoulder in the winter when it's in the teens vs the hot summer.

Welcome aboard! I have a 590 myself, and I love it. I have had just over 90 smokes on it since Sep '2019 when I bought it. Every single weekend is something

One thing I'd encourage any new smoker to do is keep a log (Excel or Google Sheets ideally). I wish I started it much earlier in my smoking "career". I'd have a column for at least what you cooked, temperature, prep time, outside temperature, the time to preheat, and total cook time. Then keep a separate log that coordinates with that entry for the recipe and prep. That will help you so much with time estimation because there's a significant slowdown for when I do ribs or pork butt/shoulder in the winter when it's in the teens vs the hot summer.
Awesome! Thank you for all the tips! I’m getting mine this Tuesday. They freight company called today. So excited!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back