Hello from Sand Mountain

Bama BBQ

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
First off, Hello to everyone.
I'm no BBQ Pitmaster nor pretend to be ...just love to cook BBQ for family & friends.
I have a grandson that could probably eat a whole hog if we let him, in other words, smoked food never goes to waste around here :)
My main reason for joining is to read post made by real users of RecTeq products ... before making the plunge on a new smoker & giving up my hard earned cash.
I've used several smoker designs for many years including pellet but build quality & cost is my main concern & within reason of course.
Everyone that I know wants the same thing when they buy a product, "the best bang for the buck".
I'm not convinced easily to part with my money & being a retired mechanic also know that nothing last forever no matter the cost or who built it.
With all of that said, I hope you all don't mind my being here & asking a question from time to time.
Thanks & Best Regards

Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

Welcome Bama. You have come to the right place to ask questions about RT and BBQ in general. Lot's of real folks here ready and willing to offer advice, share recipes and pictures. Ask away my friend.

Ask away & Welcome.

Had 2 Treagers before I finally gave into Recteq and wish I went with Recteq sooner before I almost gave up on enjoying BBQing. My Recteq has reignited my passion I once almost had and I think has also increased my already happy marriage. My wife is loving the fact that I am hooked on cooking on this and she is siting back taking it all in. She is getting a break while I'm enjoying. Enjoy the forum.. visiting, lurking, adding to topics.. other brands all good. We all share a common passion.

Ask away & Welcome.

Had 2 Treagers before I finally gave into Recteq and wish I went with Recteq sooner before I almost gave up on enjoying BBQing. My Recteq has reignited my passion I once almost had and I think has also increased my already happy marriage. My wife is loving the fact that I am hooked on cooking on this and she is siting back taking it all in. She is getting a break while I'm enjoying. Enjoy the forum.. visiting, lurking, adding to topics.. other brands all good. We all share a common passion.
Thanks
I hear ya, my better 1/2 doesn't mind the cooking help either & I enjoy it.

First off, Hello to everyone.
I'm no BBQ Pitmaster nor pretend to be ...just love to cook BBQ for family & friends.
I have a grandson that could probably eat a whole hog if we let him, in other words, smoked food never goes to waste around here :)
My main reason for joining is to read post made by real users of RecTeq products ... before making the plunge on a new smoker & giving up my hard earned cash.
I've used several smoker designs for many years including pellet but build quality & cost is my main concern & within reason of course.
Everyone that I know wants the same thing when they buy a product, "the best bang for the buck".
I'm not convinced easily to part with my money & being a retired mechanic also know that nothing last forever no matter the cost or who built it.
With all of that said, I hope you all don't mind my being here & asking a question from time to time.
Thanks & Best Regards
Welcome from the other end of Alabama in Mobile. I have a 590 and love it, researched for over a year and these ol boys from over in Ga did it right. Good quality and killer customer service although i haven’t had to use it. My grill is approaching one year of service.

Thanks & very familiar with Mobile area. I lived in Pensacola for 28 years & have family there & fished MANY of the Gulf tournaments. Still go there to visit as often as we can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back