Hello from NC

I can see already there's good folk here. It's usually the way on the forums dedicated to a specific "thing".

Also seeing some amazing food posted. I'll be asking for ideas and tips along the way. I'd like to find new things to smoke once the deck boss arrives.

My wife isnt really into much smoked/grilled foods so hopefully I can find some new stuff that she enjoys....which means I get to smoke more stuff of course.😎

I can see already there's good folk here. It's usually the way on the forums dedicated to a specific "thing".

Also seeing some amazing food posted. I'll be asking for ideas and tips along the way. I'd like to find new things to smoke once the deck boss arrives.

My wife isnt really into much smoked/grilled foods so hopefully I can find some new stuff that she enjoys....which means I get to smoke more stuff of course.😎
Enjoy yourself, that's what it's all about.

That is what my wife said a few years ago. Now she is the official queen of the injector and rubs. No one tries to take that job from her.

My wife isnt really into much smoked/grilled foods...
That is one advantage of these pellet rigs. You're not going to get crazy amounts of smoke (which some people complain about), but dialing in the "kiss of smoke" is super easy. These things basically produce smoke between 180 and 275 degrees. Once you get the grill set to higher temperatures like 350+ like a residential oven, you'll get some halfway decent coloring, but very little discernable smoke flavor. For my wife that forbade (I think that's right term) me to "smoke" the Thanksgiving Turkey, I can now produce a beautifully colored bird and free up valuable kitchen real estate during the holidays (with a very subtle "kiss of smoke" that apparently is not objectionable to others that I care about).

That is one advantage of these pellet rigs. You're not going to get crazy amounts of smoke (which some people complain about), but dialing in the "kiss of smoke" is super easy. These things basically produce smoke between 180 and 275 degrees. Once you get the grill set to higher temperatures like 350+ like a residential oven, you'll get some halfway decent coloring, but very little discernable smoke flavor. For my wife that forbade (I think that's right term) me to "smoke" the Thanksgiving Turkey, I can now produce a beautifully colored bird and free up valuable kitchen real estate during the holidays (with a very subtle "kiss of smoke" that apparently is not objectionable to others that I care about).
that is exactly what i've been telling my wife. Then I can use a tube if I'm making some5tring for myself and feel like I want a bit more smoke. I actually over-smoked a couple times on my WSM.

Welcome to the Forum and the RT Family
Hope you enjoy your Deck Boss as much as we do our 700
We use our Bull a lot, three or four times a week

My wife isnt really into much smoked/grilled foods so hopefully I can find some new stuff that she enjoys

You'll be surprised at what you can cook on your Grill, that you would normally use your Oven
We enjoy cooking our Pappa Murphy's Pizzas on the Bull
My Wife likes baking Bread on it too

Last edited:
We do like the Cheese we smoke on our RT
Remember; when smoking Cheeses, don't let the Smoker get above 90, or you'll melt the Cheese
We use a Smoke Tube only

Try making your own Bacon
We luv our Homemade, Wood Smoked Bacon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back