Hello from Metro Atlanta

SweaT-rex

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I just purchased the RT-700 Bull which is my first pellet grill. I have friends with Traeger grills & my brother has the Weber pellet grill, but I wanted something better, as I thought the build quality of the Traeger & Weber offerings didn't justify their price. My brother had problems with his Weber right off the bat & had to get an updated processor assembly. The Recteq was made known to me on Erick Erickson's radio show on WSB Atlanta. He gave his glowing reviews, so I looked it up & liked what I saw. I was impressed by the build materials & the reviews. I've only done chicken thighs & pork chops so far, but have loved the results on both. I was also surprised to see that Recteq's HQ was in the Augusta, Ga area, where I lived many years ago. Last Saturday, while visiting my daughter's family in N. Augusta, we took a visit to Recteq HQ & went to the showroom. It was great to see all of their products in one place. While there, I had to buy the spice/sauce bundle, a cookbook, & a cap!
My grill is equipped with the smoker box, front shelf, Grill Grates, large upper shelf (on order), grill cover, & grill mat. I've previously resisted a pellet grill because it seemed like cheating to a guy used to stick smokers & charcoal. However, I'm at a stage in life where convenience & consistency are a bit more important. I gave my Weber bullet smoker to my son-in-law last week. I'll have to see if I hold on to my Weber Performer charcoal grill & Genesis II gas grill. I suspect the Bull can take the place of all of them, which will make my wife happy as the deck will be less cluttered!

Welcome to the forum. After I got my RT, I then proceeded to get a blackstone flat top, replaced my worn out gasser with a new one and kept my old trusty chargriller charcoal grill.

Your addiction may have just begun:ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keep the Weber gasser for searing! It complements the Bull perfectly. Great choice and you will have continued happiness.. Only issue is feeding the addiction :).

Glad to have you!

Greetings from South of Atlanta, Senoia to be exact, Home of the Walking Dead!
I recently bought a 590 and then a Bullseye. Love them both!
Good to have you!

Greetings from South of Atlanta, Senoia to be exact, Home of the Walking Dead!
I recently bought a 590 and then a Bullseye. Love them both!
Good to have you!
Thanks! I did the Walking Dead tour there a couple of years ago. I even know it's pronounced "SaNoy";) I live in Douglasville.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back