Heffer Dust

Yes I have used it. We like it. Used it on chuck roast burnt ends a few days ago. But be aware it has a lot of salt. A lit. I use it a the dry brine and apply it the night before. Then just pop the meat in the cooker as it is already fully seasoned.

Yes I have used it. We like it. Used it on chuck roast burnt ends a few days ago. But be aware it has a lot of salt...
This. I like my seasoning on the salty side, the wife is about less salt is better. She actually has pains one general discomfort if I use Heifer Dust or similar rubs.

Used it for the first time last night on flat iron steak, we both loved it. The B380 on lo and smoke until120 and then on Grill Grates in Riot Mode. Good stuff!

While I am still a Newby, I find that Salt and Pepper are my main goto seasonings. I have them all but SP seems to win out.
Used SP on my Brisket, Dino Ribs and now steaks most everything. But YES I still do Heffer Dust and all of the other seasonings I have from RT, just saying I think with good meat SP is the ticket.

While I am still a Newby, I find that Salt and Pepper are my main goto seasonings. I have them all but SP seems to win out.
Used SP on my Brisket, Dino Ribs and now steaks most everything. But YES I still do Heffer Dust and all of the other seasonings I have from RT, just saying I think with good meat SP is the ticket.
With beef, I too use SP and usually with garlic as my go to rub. Depending on the cut of beef I might also add a thin layer of something else like BHD to add additional flavor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back