Heavy D difusser thoughts?

Jay Martin

Does anyone know if the Smokedaddy Heavy D heat diffuser will fit and work on the rt 700? If so, what are the results/comments/opinions on it. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Smokedaddy Heavy D heat diffuser will fit and work on the rt 700? If so, what are the results/comments/opinions on it. Thanks!
Supposedly people on this forum have said it will fit but looking at it and taking the measurements it's designed more for the barrels that have side feed augers not the rear feed like the Bull has.

I have one in my Traeger and it works well, better than factory diffuser for sure.

Supposedly people on this forum have said it will fit but looking at it and taking the measurements it's designed more for the barrels that have side feed augers not the rear feed like the Bull has.
I believe they put a firebrick under it to get correct (factory) height.

I use it and love it...you do have to turn it sideways

I have one, put it in as a test thinking I’d pick up some of the fire bricks later to elevate it. That was several months ago and I never did add the fire bricks. I haven’t noticed any difference in use from the OEM diffuser as far as heat distribution goes. But yes, it would work better on the Stampede due to the location of the pellet auger.

Well I have one if the heat comes out of the front ,works like crap. so alot of trouble for little gain..

I'm very happy with my Heavy D, I'd purchase again.

Mine came out facing the other way ..90 degree turn.. and I was just to lazy to send it back

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back