Bullseye Heat Deflector Warped, maybe rusted? Should I be concerned

msmithuf09

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hello, new Bullseye user here. Was super excited to get this, followed all the directions, did the burn in and have cooked on it 3 times in a week.

First two cooks, no problems. One was brats, easy. The other was some chicken breasts, relatively low and slowish. On my third cook, which was burgers, cooked at pretty high but not max or riot, heat. 450 for most the cook time.

I had a whole lot of grease fires, which I controlled by turning off the flame till the fire settled out and turning the grill back on. Finished the cook, let it cool completely on the cool setting, and sit overnight. Turned it on riot mode to burn off whatever was left, let it cool over night and the cool setting. This morning I took out the deflector, cleaned it in the sink...noticed some brown spots that seem like what I would see on my cast iron if its poorly seasoned and got wet. When I went to put it back in, after scraping the bottom with a plastic putty knife and vacuuming out the pellet dust from the fire chamber, I noticed the deflector is warped and doesn't sit flat.

Should I be concerned about this or is this normal?

Hello, new Bullseye user here. Was super excited to get this, followed all the directions, did the burn in and have cooked on it 3 times in a week.

First two cooks, no problems. One was brats, easy. The other was some chicken breasts, relatively low and slowish. On my third cook, which was burgers, cooked at pretty high but not max or riot, heat. 450 for most the cook time.

I had a whole lot of grease fires, which I controlled by turning off the flame till the fire settled out and turning the grill back on. Finished the cook, let it cool completely on the cool setting, and sit overnight. Turned it on riot mode to burn off whatever was left, let it cool over night and the cool setting. This morning I took out the deflector, cleaned it in the sink...noticed some brown spots that seem like what I would see on my cast iron if its poorly seasoned and got wet. When I went to put it back in, after scraping the bottom with a plastic putty knife and vacuuming out the pellet dust from the fire chamber, I noticed the deflector is warped and doesn't sit flat.

Should I be concerned about this or is this normal?
To add, I used some Traegar pellets, as my RT pellets got stuck in shipping from fedex. from perusing here...they seem to be more likely to flare up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back