Has Anyone Tried the RT Teflon Drip Pan

okie

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1070
They have offered re/usable disposable teflon covers for the drip pan instead of foil. Heat resist to 525. Anyone trie them??

I have just been scraping off the drip tray after cooks. Would like to know if the pads just end up being another surface to clean?

Alright first cook with the drip pad is complete. It was a 9lb pork butt that I cooked over 12hrs. Turned out fantastic but that’s not what we’re here for lol. I can say on first review I like the pad. After I ate and the smoker (RT590) cooled I was able to simply slide one grate on top of the other, grab the pad and slide it out. The baked on crusty burnt sugars just popped right off with my fingers and I threw them in a bag. Took a few dry paper towels gave it a quick wipe and slid it back in total cleaning time 2min. No scraping required which I liked and it was easier then pulling everything to wrap the drip tray with heavy foil. So far so good but true test will be how long the non stick stays non stick.

Ad says it is good to 550*. It gets hotter than that on a hot cook (i.e. steak, chops etc). Wonder if it can handle those? Thanks for the report. Please let us know how it holds up.
You can buy similar on Amazon for about $11. But not right size for me.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday. I bought it as a total impulse buy. I hope to give it a shot this week, but I may not have a ton to report as I'm planning a small pork shoulder and I usually do those on a rack over a sheet pan to collect and separate the juices.

$64,000 question.

It says good to 550 degrees. But If the pit is 500 degrees, that grease pan temp is well in excess of 500 because of the firepot below, so the liner is being subjected to much higher temps. Last night I had the 1250 at 475 to grill some chicken and you can see the foil glowing from the heat of the pan. I believe foil will glow around 1000 degrees, so a liner on top would be reaching those same approximate temps, minus heat conductivity in the material.

Curious to see how it holds up with this kind of direct heat cook after cook. Maybe its a better solution for long low fatty cooks to help the grease exit the chamber?

I used mine cooking a pork collar this week. It fit well, laid flat, and didn't show any indication of damage on a long but low cook. I haven't inspected it thoroughly yet as I had to cover things up because of rain in the forecast. I'll look when I'm getting ready to cook a turkey next week. It was sure easier than foiling, but it's not like foiling is some major task.

I just cleaned things up for tomorrow. Sorry, no pics. I will say that in my clean up, I gave a light scraping of the pit to flake off the build up. I was able to lift the sheet out, curl it up, and dump everything out super easy. The mat needed a spritz of Dawn Powerspray and cleaned up perfectly for redeployment.

I'll pull it if I'm doing pizzas, etc., but so far it was kind of nice to not pull out baked on foil in my cleanup ritual. So far so good. We'll see how it goes for a few more cooks.

I've tried mine once since I got it and will say it cleans up very easily after chicken wings. I would be hesitant to use it on high temp cooks like searing burgers or a pizza due to what has been mentioned. While using foil wasn't a big issue to me, I have noticed that I wasn't getting that much of a run off into the drip bucket so far on any of my cooks

They have offered re/usable disposable teflon covers for the drip pan instead of foil. Heat resist to 525. Anyone trie them??
I bought one of these the last time they were back in stock. previously I had always just used 2 layers of aluminum foil. I'm not sure what the other comments about cleaning it mean? How clean are ppl getting it after a cook? I saw where ppl said they could just bend it to knock the big chunks off and then wipe it off in 2 minutes? I was expecting to get it a lot cleaner than I have been able to. I roll it up and knock the big chunks off and then put it in the sink with Dawn and scrub it, it still has a lot of residue left on it. Maybe I am expecting to get it cleaner than I need to?

I bought one of these the last time they were back in stock. previously I had always just used 2 layers of aluminum foil. I'm not sure what the other comments about cleaning it mean? How clean are ppl getting it after a cook? I saw where ppl said they could just bend it to knock the big chunks off and then wipe it off in 2 minutes? I was expecting to get it a lot cleaner than I have been able to. I roll it up and knock the big chunks off and then put it in the sink with Dawn and scrub it, it still has a lot of residue left on it. Maybe I am expecting to get it cleaner than I need to?
Mine did better in the trash. Foil for me

I bought from Amazon enough for two pads. Had to trim the sides but made sure it was snug. Easy to scrape off without removing. But when lifted up it had grease under it on right forward corner. Not worth the effort. Will try again but may toss it if it leaks again. Not using foil before. Just scraped DP into the drain trough. Easier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back