Happy Fathers Day 2021

Pops

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Well we are here, who would have thought! I wish each and every one of you a happy Fathers Day. I am spending my fathers day cooking for the ones I love. I am sure each of you understand!

Our son is home from school and I am cooking all weekend to load him up with delicious meat!!!

Cooked Pizza last night.

Cooked Salmon tonight, and cooking a Tri-tip tomorrow!

Cooked Salmon on the Bullseye
Sesame oil, Salt, Pepper and a little fresh Garlic, I forgot the Rosmary
Set Bullseye to 400, which made the Flat/Sear side of the GrillGrates around 500.
Cooked Flesh side down for 5 minutes, then flipped to skin side down and pulled at IT of140.
We really like it this way as it gives a nice little sear, but the salmon is still so moist and flavorful.

Also, I hope all of you stay safe tonight!
IMG_3695.jpg
IMG_3698.jpg

Last edited:
Well we are here, who would have thought! I wish each and every one of you a happy Fathers Day. I am spending my fathers day cooking for the ones I love. I am sure each of you understand!

Our son is home from school and I am cooking all weekend to load him up with delicious meat!!!

Cooked Pizza last night.

Cooked Salmon tonight, and cooking a Tri-tip tomorrow!

Will post pictures tomorrow, internet is dicey tonight due to weather.

Also, I hope all of you stay safe tonight!
Same to you, Pops! I started 2 pork butts at 10pm last night and then added a rack of ribs this morning. Pulled all that at 3 and turned up for a Memphis dry rub rib at 4. They’re about done and will take to my parents house tomorrow. The Bull will have run nearly 24 hours straight and like a champ!

Thanks @Pops, you and the family enjoy the day.

Thanks Pops..Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there. Take the time to appreciate how special your kids are and the impact your Father made on you. Now for the cook...a slab of baby backs, chicken kabobs, hamburgers, corn on the cob and cajun mashed potatoes.

Hey I cooked a Tri-Tip today, followed instructions, heated 590 up to 225, only put SP on Tri-Tip, trimmed most fat off, it cooked quicker that I thought, maybe 1.5 hours to 130ish, I pulled at 128-130 and seared on the Bullseye until 135.
Wrapped in foil and put in my cooler wrapped with a towel. We are moving and we were not ready to eat, so it sat for almost 4 hours in the cooler.
Sliced and it was more medium well than I had hoped and the meat was not as tender as I thought, It was not bad, I guess I thought more brisket like. I have never cooked a tri-tip. My wife said it was more like a sirloin, which I guess it is.
Anyway, not sure if it just rested too long, which i had not planned or I just don't understand the cut.
Want to cook again to give it a chance as I hear people raving about them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back