Bullseye Grilling Notes - Andouille (seasoned) Sausages Prep for "Cajun Red Beans & Rice" - 28 January 2021

Sscottfitz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
  2. Bullseye
Not sure this was even worth posting "Grilling Notes" on, but I did use the Bullseye to prep the sausages and it was mighty tasty, so I'll share anyway, figure the "delete key" is relatively cost free....<grin>. Most important observation with this cook was, if we'd known how HOT the Arkansas Cajun rice was, we probably would NOT have added the Jalapeno peppers to this recipie!

• Grill Location: Hot Springs Village, AR.; 34 37 60.0N 92 54 55.4W - yet another pretty decent late January evening
  • Weather at time of Grill: Clear, Cool with a setting sun, Temp ~44F, Humidity 56%.
  • Total Grill Time: ~21 Min (16:56 - 17:17 CST)
  • Total Event Time: ~1 Hr 23 Min (Cover off the grill, cool the sausages, mix it into the rice & beans, & cook.....)
  • Grill Plates: N/A
  • Temp Probes: N/A
  • Pellets Used: Rec Tec Ultimate Blend

• Meat & Meat Prep
    • Meat: Out of the Package Johnsonville New Orleans Andouille Recipe Sausage Linkes
    • Total Meat Prep Time: ~1 min (opening and extracting from the package)
    • Meat on at ~17:10 CST

Misc Grill Observations - all times are CST
  • Grill Start to Target Temp 58F to 400F ~ 13 min (16:56 - 17:09 CST)
  • Cooked each sausage ~ 4 min per side, off the grill at (17:17 CST) - and presented to the head chef for her magic.

General Comments:

• As the resident "Grill Master....in training", this is about as easy as it gets - but sometimes, easy is just good!
  • Yet another example of the Bullseye being the right tool for a quick and easy "grill task" - just like grilling hot dogs!

Attachments

• Grill Getting Ready 20210128.jpeg
    Grill Getting Ready 20210128.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 191
  • Packaged Johnsonville Andouille Sausages 20210128.jpeg
    Packaged Johnsonville Andouille Sausages 20210128.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
  • Ready for Cooking 20210128.jpeg
    Ready for Cooking 20210128.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 88
  • Grilled Sausages Ready to Come Off 20210128.jpeg
    Grilled Sausages Ready to Come Off 20210128.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • Ingrediants Ready for the Pot 20210128.jpeg
    Ingrediants Ready for the Pot 20210128.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • Beans-Sausage-Rice Cooking 20210128.jpeg
    Beans-Sausage-Rice Cooking 20210128.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • Ready to Eat 20210128.jpeg
    Ready to Eat 20210128.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 90
Love the post.

Don't let the outdated website turn you away. https://www.cajunsausage.com/products.htm
This is THE Andouille of South Louisiana.
^^^^TRUTH^^^^
Someone in our family goes to Jacob's every 2 months or so and buys a sausage-ton of andouille for all of us. We take turns but it's only about 40 minutes away. But, the smoke on their andouille is so good, you don't have to put it on any pit at all (unless you like it that way). I use it in so many recipes and it takes simple vegetables up so many notches, mankind isn't ready. :)
Now their boudin is only so-so in my opinion but their head cheese is worth the trip as well.

I'm sure the Johnsonville is good sausage, I'm just not sure us locals can agree it's real andouille. I'm sure it kicks up red beans, jambalaya and such but order some from Jacobs and treat yourself!

I'm sure the Johnsonville is good sausage...
I’m sure the Jacob’s is wonderful and authentic Andouille, and I’ve added it to my ‘must try’ list. But I have to say that the Johnsonville product has to be the best thing they make!

The best option we have locally is an outfit, Gulf Seafood Connection, that has a storefront here in Kentucky. They have some really good Andouille that runs $8.00 a pound, but it’s a PITA to pickup orders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back