Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
How do you clean GrillGrates?

Yes, I have seen the YouTube video and pretty much followed the directions.

I purchased a 23" long tote from Wal Mart and and soaked the GrillGrates overnight in Simple Green. There must be an easier way of doing this?? Trying to burn the grease off wasn't one of my better ideas.

Thanks,

not sure yet but will be paying attention to suggestions. you have a fire burning them off?
I tried that with the Bullseye, not a good move. It just burned the crud on and wouldn't scrape off. I used a gasket scraper and soaked them. They are drying in the sink as I type. I will spray them down with canola oil when they dry.

There are good resources on the GrillGrates cleaning page. I have grill GG for both my 590 and Bullseye. Love them. I leave them on the Bullseye as they cook so good and keep from flare ups or grease fires.

I too bought a large tote from HD. I use the cleaner they sell with the GG and the brush. I dont soak overnight.

Honestly I don't deep clean them that often. Just brush after and before each cook. They are well seasoned!

I guess I need to give my GG another try. I REALLY want them to be the stuff of awesomeness, but I must be doing something wrong. When I used them, since they stick out a little over the drip pan of my 590, all kinds of grease went into the bottom. Also, I must not have let them heat up enough, because the sear was less than stellar. (I realize this is probably not the place for this post, but I was feeling a "Dear Diary" moment) Also, I can't get a good feel for how to clean them. (saved it?)

I guess I need to give my GG another try. I REALLY want them to be the stuff of awesomeness, but I must be doing something wrong. When I used them, since they stick out a little over the drip pan of my 590, all kinds of grease went into the bottom. Also, I must not have let them heat up enough, because the sear was less than stellar. (I realize this is probably not the place for this post, but I was feeling a "Dear Diary" moment) Also, I can't get a good feel for how to clean them. (saved it?)
Turn them so the panel is directly over pan.

How do you clean GrillGrates?

Yes, I have seen the YouTube video and pretty much followed the directions.

I purchased a 23" long tote from Wal Mart and and soaked the GrillGrates overnight in Simple Green. There must be an easier way of doing this?? Trying to burn the grease off wasn't one of my better ideas.

Thanks,
Try the dishwasher.

Pressure washer takes a lot off..
I really do not try to get them perfect, after they are seasoned well it seems to be easier getting them relatively clean..

I've had them on my gasser for over a year now. I just scrape them off before and after cooking. I will get some crud buildup from time to time. But nothing that some heat and scraping won't take care of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back