Grill set below 300 but won’t go below 300 degrees

YogiBear

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-300
Hello, I’m trying to smoke some ribs at 225 and my grill won’t go below 300 degrees. I haven’t messed with the settings and I’m using RecTeq pellets. I don’t know what’s going on.

If the outside temperature is warm then you may need to lower the feed rate to hold lower temperature. Feed rate might need to be at 3.5.

I had odd issue last weekend. Second cook, was doing a roast. Temp was supposed to be 225. I am in Arizona so outside temp was 105. After 3 hours temp suddenly dropped, then became erratic jumping to 240 then down to 185. Was using Cookin pellets as sold at Recteq site. (Bought through Amazon since i did not want to buy 200lbs.) Support staff led me through some attempted cures, but nothing worked. The best they could guess was it was pellets. So now using Rec Tec pellets. Tried on bratwurst which is only a hour to two hour cook. Got through it but again, some of temp was erratic. (At one pint jumped from set temp of 225 to 240 degrees. Why? who knows.) Going to try and do a Boston butt tonight on an all night cook tonight, so we will see what we will see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back