Stampede Grill Ordered

bluewolf

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Looks like I'm not the only one that did a little Christmas shopping early this year as I can see a few others have purchased new grills in the past month.

Got wind of pellet grills a couple years ago and finally pulled the trigger on a 590. Very excited to do my first brisket.

I expect to be getting some good advice from the folks here that have tons 'o experience.

You are really going to enjoy it. there are so many different ways to cook on it and unlimited Recipes to try just on this forum alone. Looking forward to watching posts.

hoping to get it before thanksgiving. I'd love to try smoking a turkey. I'm assuming plenty of folks on this site have tried that? How did it turn out?

Looks like I'm not the only one that did a little Christmas shopping early this year as I can see a few others have purchased new grills in the past month.

Got wind of pellet grills a couple years ago and finally pulled the trigger on a 590. Very excited to do my first brisket.

I expect to be getting some good advice from the folks here that have tons 'o experience.
There are wonderful people on this forum and no shortage of help when we need it. Welcome!

We also just bought our Christmas present to us. Shipped today so I'm hoping we'll be cooking by Thanksgiving as well. Almost happy I was forced to take a week off if it gets here by end of week.

We also just bought our Christmas present to us. Shipped today so I'm hoping we'll be cooking by Thanksgiving as well. Almost happy I was forced to take a week off if it gets here by end of week.
With all these new stay at home orders, I have a feeling grilling may be a new hobby for a lot of people. Seems it already was, and it's just going to get even more popular.

sold my ol trusty rusty 680 last week - placed a order for 590 and stuff friday 11-13, called back and upgraded my order to a 700, no tracking number as of today. i don’t think my grill will get to me before thanksgiving. hoping to see your all cooks on the forum.

Got my 590 in July and it's been a game changer for me. That subtle smoke flavor it adds to everything I grill is just amazing. And the temperature control is fantastic! I use it 4 or 5 nights a week now instead of the Weber Genesis. I'll continue to use the Weber for searing and higher heat cooks, though.

sold my ol trusty rusty 680 last week - placed a order for 590 and stuff friday 11-13, called back and upgraded my order to a 700, no tracking number as of today. i don’t think my grill will get to me before thanksgiving. hoping to see your all cooks on the forum.
Smart move upgrading to the 700 after coming from a 680, congrats.

I also just ordered the 590 last week (11/9) and I'm also in Colorado Springs. Mine arrived yesterday morning. The shipping/freight company didn't bother calling me to set up a delivery time, they just showed up. Luckily I was home.

Assembled it last night in the dark and I've got it doing it's initial burn in right now. It's been a bit over a year since I've had a smoker. Last one didn't make it when we moved. Looking forward to smoking all the things.

got mine assembled today. Having zero luck in getting the wifi set up. I consider myself pretty technical, and I love this grill, but this is one of the worst designs for connecting to a wifi that I've experienced. No matter what I try, it will not connect to my wifi.

anyone have any luck figuring out how it is supposed to connect?

I also just ordered the 590 last week (11/9) and I'm also in Colorado Springs. Mine arrived yesterday morning. The shipping/freight company didn't bother calling me to set up a delivery time, they just showed up. Luckily I was home.

Assembled it last night in the dark and I've got it doing it's initial burn in right now. It's been a bit over a year since I've had a smoker. Last one didn't make it when we moved. Looking forward to smoking all the things.
That's funny about the freight company. Mine was delivered by UPS and when they came to my door he had already brought the pallet jack up to garage. I asked if he'd put in my garage and he said that would be an extra charge... geez.. really? He decided to be nice an put roll it into my garage.

got mine assembled today. Having zero luck in getting the wifi set up. I consider myself pretty technical, and I love this grill, but this is one of the worst designs for connecting to a wifi that I've experienced. No matter what I try, it will not connect to my wifi.

anyone have any luck figuring out how it is supposed to connect?
pfffft... ignore my post. I deleted the app and started over and it all works great. Still not a fan of the way the wifi gets connected.... but who cares. it works and now I can start smoking!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back