Stampede Grill not heating up

Meatman2369

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have my grill set to 475 and for the last 30 minutes it has not got any hotter and the fan just keeps blowing and blowing and blowing and I have no idea why it’s not heating up. This is my first time using the grill, any help would be appreciated.

What temperature is it holding at? Check the pellet hopper for bridging (extra-long pellets blocking the auger tube entrance).

I have my grill set to 475 and for the last 30 minutes it has not got any hotter and the fan just keeps blowing and blowing and blowing and I have no idea why it’s not heating up. This is my first time using the grill, any help would be appreciated.
What temperature is it holding at? Check the pellet hopper for bridging (extra-long pellets blocking the auger tube entrance).
My hopper was low I think that fixed it but do u need to put a small handful of pellets in the bottom every time or just the first time ?

FCF12439-AB75-4FBC-804D-6E71FCDB289C.jpeg

At the end of a proper shutdown, the auger spins for a short time to put a handful of pellets in the firepot, you can hear it rotate once the fan stops. I've never added a handful of pellets in several years, unless I've vacuumed and cleaned out the firepot.

At the end of a proper shutdown, the auger spins for a short time to put a handful of pellets in the firepot, you can hear it rotate once the fan stops. I've never added a handful of pellets in several years, unless I've vacuumed and cleaned out the firepot.
It's been my experience that the pellets the auger puts in the fire pot during shutdowns normally all burn off. Not sure why they don't auger the pellets in at start up when everything is cold. The grill still starts for me 99% of the time with doing nothing but pushing the start button.

My 590 has been rock solid. It always fires up and gets to temp quickly. I really dont do anything except change the foil over the drip pan, clean the grates and load the pellets! I do try to clean it once or twice a year.

It's been my experience that the pellets the auger puts in the fire pot during shutdowns normally all burn off. Not sure why they don't auger the pellets in at start up when everything is cold. The grill still starts for me 99% of the time with doing nothing but pushing the start button.
The only logical reason I can think of that the pellets are dumped at shut down instead of at startup is in case there were some smoldering pellets sitting in the end of the auger tube, they're dumped into the firepot instead of catching the entire auger tube, then hopper on fire 😲
268437967_10209047069811581_1688839137466443697_n.jpg

My 590 has been rock solid. It always fires up and gets to temp quickly. I really dont do anything except change the foil over the drip pan, clean the grates and load the pellets! I do try to clean it once or twice a year.
Have a feeling that there quite a few OCD and type A folks on this forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back