Bull Grill cover review for the Bull

Infantryman

Military Veteran
I thought I'd discuss my experience with the RT-700 Bulls grill cover. Now, I'm not starting this thread to discuss the pros and cons of covering your Bull, or where you store it for that matter either........thatt's not relevant here. But to simply let people know about the cover in a simple, non-biased review who may be on the fence after reading the reviews here in this forum to help them decide whether they should get it and or use it or not.

After rolling my Bull in and out of the garage to use my grill for far to long (lazy BBQ'er) I decided to give my cover a try that has sat in the box for some time. After reading the reviews I was somewhat skeptical on how easy this cover was going to go on. With the help of my wife, this cover slipped right on.......easy peezy! So, easy in fact I was wondering if I had the right cover at first, almost to loose. After I read all the horror stories here of people putting in zippers, velcro, etc. ripping it trying to get it on I was definitely happily surprised on how easy it was to put on. Maybe they changed the design and made it larger to make it go on easier, who knows?

Also, I'd like to comment on it's design. Heavy duty material and I really appreciate the snap straps that go around each leg to hold it securely in place. There's no way my cover is coming off my Bull, until I take it off.The bungee type elastic cinch strap going around the entire bottom of the cover didn't do to much for me tightening the bottom and I don't believe it's addition was really needed anyway.

I'm definitely happy I finally decided to use the cover, there's absolutely no point in letting my Bull getting rained or snowed on (whether it is bad for the grill or not) with how easy this cover goes on and off in my opinion. Hopefully this may help out a member or two here decide to go with the cover if interested.

Last edited:
I thought I'd discuss my experience with the RT-700 Bulls grill cover. Now, I'm not starting this thread to discuss the pros and cons of covering your Bull, or where you store it for that matter either........thatt's not relevant here. But to simply let people know about the cover in a simple, non-biased review who may be on the fence after reading the reviews here in this forum to help them decide whether they should get it and or use it or not.

After rolling my Bull in and out of the garage to use my grill for far to long (lazy BBQ'er) I decided to give my cover a try that has sat in the box for some time. After reading the reviews I was somewhat skeptical on how easy this cover was going to go on. With the help of my wife, this cover slipped right on.......easy peezy! So, easy in fact I was wondering if I had the right cover at first, almost to loose. After I read all the horror stories here of people putting in zippers, velcro, etc. ripping it trying to get it on I was definitely happily surprised on how easy it was to put on. Maybe they changed the design and made it larger to make it go on easier, who knows?

Also, I'd like to comment on it's design. Heavy duty material and I really appreciate the snap straps that go around each leg to hold it securely in place. There's no way my cover is coming off my Bull, until I take it off.The bungee type elastic cinch strap going around the entire bottom of the cover didn't do to much for me tightening the bottom and I don't believe it's addition was really needed anyway.

I'm definitely happy I finally decided to use the cover, there's absolutely no point in letting my Bull getting rained or snowed on (whether it is bad for the grill or not) with how easy this cover goes on and off in my opinion. Hopefully this may help out a member or two here decide to go with the cover if interested.
No more naked Bull for you. After leaving the Bull sit out on the porch all year round and now and seeing all the pollen collecting on it in 15 minutes after cleaning it off I might just have to open my unopened Bull cover with the smokebox and start using it.

My Bull is coming tomorrow afternoon and I bought the cover that goes with it as well… I debated on getting it thinking I might not use it but several users said that it keeps the dust down on it and like the others say the pollen too.
It’s a pretty big investment not to take and put a cover on it... Sounds like the quality is pretty decent as well!

It’s a pretty big investment not to take and put a cover on it... Sounds like the quality is pretty decent as well!
To each their own of course.............but I completely agree with you. No point in not covering it if you have the cover and it's simple to use.

After the 2 tight fit of my Bull cover I went to COSTCO and bought there big cover $30.00 or on sale for $15.00 end of year..???/ Just throw it over. When you get good you can sort of roll/wad it up and pitch it over the Bull with one throw... Most of the time.... I really like every thing else about the bull, just think they missed on the cover...

Attachments

• 20200218_111544.jpg
    20200218_111544.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 124
After the 2 tight fit of my Bull cover I went to COSTCO and bought there big cover $30.00 or on sale for $15.00 end of year..???/ Just throw it over. When you get good you can sort of roll/wad it up and pitch it over the Bull with one throw... Most of the time.... I really like every thing else about the bull, just think they missed on the cover...
looks nice!

I have never had any problems with my RT 700 cover. It does fit a little snug, but I like it that way. I dont have to bend over and strap it to the legs to keep it from blowing off. If installed and taken off the right way, it works easily. I pull up the cover over the left site controller shelf and then pull over the hopper and horns then pull it all the way off. Putting it on, I put it over the chimney partially and then pull it down over the controller shelf, putting it over the hopper and horns and then make sure it does not catch on the shelf bracket and done. But an oversized generic cover should work well and probably for less money, just may have to strap it down if you are in an area that gets any wind.

Greenie- For a guy who goes nekkid with the foil, I figured you would go nekkid with the cover, but, I get your point. While im not using my cover right now, it is neatly stored in the garage and will be ready for winter. Although the pollen has covered my hopper daily and wipe it down almost every day, i like the ability to start the Bull from the app while i am prepping the food. Don't want to go take the cover off. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy! Could also forget and fire it up with the cover on, fire ?, fire?, fire?. To each his own. ??

Go Greenies-

What size did you get at costco?

They have small, medium, large, and XL. Which one did you buy that fits?

My first cover was tight. No one will convince me otherwise. The 2nd or 3rd time i used it i ripped it. I have the smoker box so maybe that adds a dimension of jaggedness that is the difference between those who say it goes on easy and those, like me, who think it is a pain in the arse.

I went with the zipper after seeing it on here. It was an AWESOME solution. I unzip it and it almost falls off. I fold it and bring in to the garage. Cook... cool and then takes me 30 seconds to slip it on. With my original cover i had to approach it just right for it not to get hung up on corners, horns, etc. And, like many i suspect, putting the cover on is always something i run out to do late after it cools and i am ready for bed. ha. I want it EASY and quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back