Trailblazer Grill Capacity

Wolfey79

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
So thinking of taking advantage of the Pellet deal, but wondering about capacity. Typically I only do cooks for small family gatherings but wondering about capacity. Can this grill handle a full St Louis Style Rack of riibs or a Full brisket? Can you do multiple racks of baby backs or multiple boston butts? Can it handle a whole turkey?

TIA

I’ve never done a brisket on mine or multiple butts as I use my RT-700 for that, but here are two cooks I did in the past week. Two racks of St. Louis ribs and a fairly large butt. I expect two or even three butts would fit just fine.
290D663A-3148-4872-9F06-25227F15391F.jpeg
06E580CD-17EB-449B-A74A-656B397FDCF4.jpeg

Just keep moving things around as the right side is some hotter than the left. I grilled some baby back ribs recently and cut them in half just so I could keep them away from the right side.

I just smoked a 15lb full packer today, actually more like 12.5lb after trimming. I didn't have any space issues. I even had space enough to put my small 1.5qt CI pot in for beans. Cooked up nicely. The right side does get hotter though, so you just have to cook accordingly. I believe that's more of a pellet grill design issue. I didn't have to do anything with the Brisket, as the point was on the right side the whole cook. I had about 3-4 empty rungs on both side of the meat. Not the best pic to show pit space, though, but you should get a good idea off of it.

3-21-21.jpg

A pair of BB's will fit easily too. If you get the optional rack, you will get even more space. I like to get full spares and trim down to St. Louis style. There's plenty of trimmings to cook along with the rack. For that cook, the trimmed rack goes on the grate and the cut pieces go up on the rack above. I cook for a family of 5, with friends over from time to time and haven't run out of room yet.

3-21-21(2020).jpg

There have been times when I thought it would be nice to have a larger smoker, but I haven't needed it, plus the 340 is very fuel efficient. If I had something larger, I would be heating up empty space inside the pit.

So thinking of taking advantage of the Pellet deal, but wondering about capacity. Typically I only do cooks for small family gatherings but wondering about capacity. Can this grill handle a full St Louis Style Rack of riibs or a Full brisket? Can you do multiple racks of baby backs or multiple boston butts? Can it handle a whole turkey?

TIA
I forgot where I seen this capacity chart that I saved and not sure of accuracy. Hope it helps you some.

Attachments

• Grill Compacity Comparison.png
    Grill Compacity Comparison.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 150

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back